Glock vs sig

This is a discussion on Glock vs sig within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I'm asking for some opinions. It is in reference to 45 ACP only Glock in 45 ACP 21 or 30 or sig in 45ACP. ...

View Poll Results: Which one for primary carry?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock 21 any Gen.

16 18.82%
  • Glock30 Any Gen

23 27.06%
  • Sig P220 Full size

24 28.24%
  • Sig P220 Carry

22 25.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock vs sig

Glock vs sig

Hello

I'm asking for some opinions.

It is in reference to 45 ACP only
    Glock in 45 ACP 21 or 30 or sig in 45ACP. SIG P220 series full or carry.

I shoot all of theses equally well and all are comfortable and they are all trusted for carry in all resects. And the amount of rds that the different guns hold is NOT a factor, nor is the weight.

So if this were the case which one or how would you choose to carry?

2. Remove Ads

If you're talking strictly carry I would choose the Glock because it's lighter. I hate carrying heavy pistols so that's just a personal thing.

If you're talking a barbeque gun, SIG all the way.

In order of preference:
    1. Sig
    2.Sig
    3. Sig
    4. Sig
    5. Sig
    6. Sig
    7. Sig
    8. Sig
    9. Sig
    10. For BUG Khar

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    Hello

I'm asking for some opinions.

It is in reference to 45 ACP only
    Glock in 45 ACP 21 or 30 or sig in 45ACP. SIG P220 series full or carry.

I shoot all of theses equally well and all are comfortable and they are all trusted for carry in all resects. And the amount of rds that the different guns hold is NOT a factor, nor is the weight.

So if this were the case which one or how would you choose to carry?
    You don't care about weight, round count, or comfort, and shoot them all equally well. Given that, what is your criteria for selection?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You don't care about weight, round count, or comfort, and shoot them all equally well. Given that, what is your criteria for selection?
    My personnel criteria is dependability and durability.
    Thru my law enforcement and military that was all that really mattered.
    Thats why when you all vote or comment I did not want your opinions based on ammo count or weight or ant other factors I mentioned. I hope that explained what you asked.

OH BTW I didn't I didn't care about those things I said the guns in question allready provides all those thing so they are not in question here.

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Glocks are known as one of the most reliable pistols out. Dont think you can go wrong with either

--------------------------------------
    Sent from my Sprint Photon using Tapatalk
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

I own 3 45acp pistols....... a Glock 30sf, Sig P220 Carry and Colt Lightweight Commander.

Primary edc is the Sig. Camping gun is the Glock. Don't carry the Colt......don't like manual safeties.

If you're going to carry a 45acp pistol....that means you are going to have to accept a larger gun 25-40 oz. To me, the weight difference between the Glock and the Sig is offset by the dimensions of the two pistols. Sure the Glock is lighter, but the Sig is thinner and I shoot the Sig better......probably due to the better ergonomics. As far as reliability.....they are equal to me. Love them both, but carry the Sig more.

VIP Member
    I pick the full size 220, it's what I carry. For reliability, in my experience, Sig out does the Glock by far. The only (reputable) manufacturer I've had more malfunctions than Glock with is Taurus. My personal P220R has just over 15K rounds through it with only 1 malfunction not caused by a magazine.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

There are differences even within specific models. I would prefer a Sig 220 that was made in Germany over any generation Glock 21/30. From my perspective Glocks are a superb 9mm hadngun. Any other caliber and you take your chances and so I'd give the edge to the M&P (I know not on your list). On top of this the .45 Glock frame is HUGE!!!! Unless you have really big mitts it's not the most shootable .45.

If however you're talking about US Manufactured Sigs, they simply aren't the same guns as the ones made in Europe and are increasingly suspect, so I'd go with the Glock.

VIP Member
    SIG P220 full size. I'm not concerned with weight, I carry an all steel 1911. Not a fan of striker fired guns, and I prefer DA/SA.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

GM
    I would get the SIG.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    SIG P220 full size. I'm not concerned with weight, I carry an all steel 1911. Not a fan of striker fired guns, and I prefer DA/SA.
    Other than carrying the 1911, I agree on all points.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    OP said not to consider weight, capacity, etc

trigger? I like em on both
    reliability? both are great, I've never owned a sig but I've never seen one malfunction when I shot em or been around em,
    I have 4 glocks and have put 1000s of rounds through all of them and have used original and aftermarket mags, never had a malfunction at all
    durability? both are great

the factors the OP said not to consider have to be considered IMO for the 'total package'
    I consider both to be great in durability and reliability, so it then goes to how your hand feels gripping, capacity, weight, how you shoot it, etc
    I have nothing bad to say about sig, I just own a 30 and a 21 and love em
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I've got a Sig-220 Carry Stainless, but you can get a Glock that will perform just as well for a whole lot less money. If you like pretty guns with a certain snob appeal, you can't go wrong with a Sig.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Both are highly reliable if maintained, but I prefer Sig ergonomics. If you care about looks as well as function from a user/collector standpoint, it's really hard to beat the Sig.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links