Notifying Leo when using their services.

This is a discussion on Notifying Leo when using their services. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OP, I'm also a landlord (at least until I can sell this junk off - my intention was never to rent it out, but the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Notifying Leo when using their services.

VIP Member
    OP, I'm also a landlord (at least until I can sell this junk off - my intention was never to rent it out, but the economy felt otherwise). Any time that wording is subject to interpretation, I'll error on the side of how the LEO will likely interpret it.

Particularly, when an officer is taking their time and risking their life to assist me with one of my properties, the least I can do is advise them that I am legally carrying.

I don't do it over the phone when I request assistance, I'll do it in the process of introducing myself to the officer when I meet them on scene. I suppose around here, they just assume that someone like me carries all the time, but the response is usually no different than if I had just told them what my middle name is, but they do appreciate being informed. Put yourself in their shoes - would you like to know?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    It's simple ENGLISH my friend, nothing magical about it. Not even when I was still locking people up.
    When I need legal advise, I consult an attorney. When I'm looking for a good place to eat, I ask a policeman. In fact, I give an Ohio criminal attorney who specializes in gun law a fee each year, and he, in return answers the phone when I call and answers legal questions I may have. Based on discussions with him, I will continue to advise Ohio CHL students in my class to err on the side of caution, and inform whenever they find themselves in an official law enforcement encounter, regardless of verbage and circumstances.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    When I need legal advise, I consult an attorney. When I'm looking for a good place to eat, I ask a policeman. In fact, I give an Ohio criminal attorney who specializes in gun law a fee each year, and he, in return answers the phone when I call and answers legal questions I may have. Based on discussions with him, I will continue to advise Ohio CHL students in my class to err on the side of caution, and inform whenever they find themselves in an official law enforcement encounter, regardless of verbage and circumstances.
    See post #15 ....... HOWEVER the law is very clear and plainly written, the OP has no LEGAL requirement to inform.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

you know they are coming and they have the authority so leave the gun home and avoid the problems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links