Right totally violated

This is a discussion on Right totally violated within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; NYC attracts: 8,143,197 City residents 13,942,452 Area Residents of Greater New York and 45,000,000 visitors per year Or NYC attracts a total of 67,085,649 people ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Right totally violated

NYC attracts:

8,143,197 City residents

13,942,452 Area Residents of Greater New York

and

45,000,000 visitors per year

Or NYC attracts a total of 67,085,649 people on average.

So, there's a few other views of New York City - as well as the State

"Americans' Favorite 15 Cities in the United States

November 12, 2011 10:10 AM GMT

The top 15 American cities favored by citizens of the United States were revealed by a recent poll conducted by one of the world's leading custom market-research firms.

According to the Harris Poll of New York-based Harris Interactive, U.S. citizens opted for their favorite cities on the basis of their geographical areas and climatic conditions.

“Unchanged since 1999, New York is the most frequently mentioned city that Americans would like to live in, followed by San Diego, which remains in the second position, consistent with last year,” Harris reported.

Have a look at Americans' favorite 15 cities in the United States:

1. New York
    statue_of_liberty.jpg

As the main center of international affairs, politics, media, art, films, entertainment, fashion, education, research, and other
    fields, New York is inarguably Americans' favorite city."

2. Remove Ads

And a last view:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wawawawaw here is the Wabulance. Let clear the air. Getting a NYC resistance permit while not perfect is easily obtainable. Submit your paper work, wait the 6 months and you will get approved. No felonies, No drug convictions. No Problems. You are able to go to the range and there are ranges in NYC. Yes it has to be in a locked box and unloaded to and from but it is obtainable.

You think but not spending your $2,000 on a vacation were you can not carry is going to change things. Good luck with that. When my friends and I get together we spend more on that dinner and drinks.

The cost of parking a car in a inside garage for a month in NYC is more that some people pay for a home mortage in other states.

It is you who is missing out on all the great things to see and the sounds of NYC.

NYC while not perfect is still NYC. So how many people here are going to say" Honey I think we should go to Topeka,Kansas for out next vacation?"

I think thing will get better for NYC sooner than later but until they do either leave the firearms at home and come see the sights and sounds of NYC or stay home but stop the belly aching.

Mayor Bloomberg is against firearms. Yes, he had a full carry prior to being the Mayor, HE IS A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE....Anybody else on DC a billionaire? Anybody ? Anybody? Buller? If you are I am sure you too can get a full carry.

As Bloomberg goes, I do not agree with him but I would love the chance to sit down and pick his brain. In case you missed it he is a self made billionaire and a fellow Jew.But DC is not about religion.

I did not agree with Rudy G when he changed the zoning laws to push out business out of 42nd St but he needed to clean up the city and he did. Why do you think so many people come to NYC?

Prior to me getting my license to carry, I had traveled to many states and different countries. Did I allow the fact that I did not have a firearm prevent me from having some of the greatest times of my life. Nope. Did I keep my SA higher than I normally would. Yep. but still had a great time.

People sit down because this is going to knock you down. There are people who post here who are
    not rich and famous, not powerful, not Leo's who have NYC carry license. They do exist.

While NYC is not perfect it still will kick your cities butt.

Any doubt just look at the above photo again.
    Last edited by HKinNY; January 8th, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
    walleye likes this.

Administrator
    It appears as though the OP (New Member) may have dropped back off the forum as per his Post #27.

That sometimes happens when folks join expecting multitudes of sympathetic ears and a pity party and instead get a hard dose of truthful reality.

He really needs to hire an attorney anyway as his original post is too full of holes and missing specifics for anybody here to be of any real help.

" Honey I think we should go to Topeka,Kansas for out next vacation?"

Having lived in Kansas I can relate to the above.

mel
    I think Manhattan, KS has just as much to offer as it's fellow namesake in NY, and you can most likely carry there just fine.

NY, needs to clean house and get with the 21st century, and pass new legislation that allows it's law abiding citizens, and tourists to carry. It's not like the NYC cops have the best reputation anways.

Come to Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes, and enjoy anything that you would find in the big apple.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    Come to Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes, and enjoy anything that you would find in the big apple.
    Tall Buildings?

I think Manhattan, KS has just as much to offer as it's fellow namesake in NY
    Ahhhhhhh..............Nope. Been there, done that. Topeka too. Kansas is a fine state, but NY it is not, and there is only one NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by rock and glock View Post
    ahhhhhhh..............nope. Been there, done that. Topeka too. Kansas is a fine state, but ny it is not, and there is only one nyc.
    amen brother
    Rock and Glock likes this.

VIP Member
    Been to NYC, tall buildings give me tall mountains instead.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Been to NYC, certainly something to see. The lights, the size, the food (oh yeah... the food). Not gonna live there, and it being a great place to visit (and eat) doesn't change it's absolute draconian gun laws. Chicago is another great city, so is Seattle, Miami and New Orleans. There is no such thing as the greatest city, and despite HKinNY's assertions will not kick every other city's butt. I know many people who's idea of the perfect vacation is wide open spaces and tall mountains and wouldn't consider going to a large city remotely enjoyable, and the opposite is true as well.

Just seems to be a lot of over-sensitivity about New York and its largest metro area. New York's gun laws are oppressive, regardless of the love of the state.

The OP had a single question, and that is whether his GA CC license is going to be revoked. I think the answer to that is 'no' since the NY problem wasn't a felony. The "he shouldn't have gone to NY", or he is "stupid", or whatever really doesn't assist in any way whatsoever. I think he has figured out quite nicely to not risk bringing a gun into NY again without first knowing the laws, no need to beat him over the head with it. Bashing the gun laws of a state is not the same as bashing the entirety of the state, or any city within IMO. My homestate of IL is the last holdout for CCW, and one of the very few (only?) that requires a physical ID card (F.O.I.D.) to purchase any gun or ammo. Lets not even discuss the transport of firearms. It sucks, its brutal on gun owners, but still has a lot of nice things to do, and the people are no better or worse than anywhere else. My point being, one shouldn't get upset when someone else expresses distaste for one well documented aspect of a state.

Mike

ps. Forbes did a study released in 01/09 saying the Denver is the #1 city in America people want to live. NYC didn't make the top 5. So I think it is important to take 'stats' and 'studies' with a grain of salt. The results are too easily skewed.
    HKinNY and Hopyard like this.

The problem with the OP is no time lone given. Arrested and plead guilty what all in one day? If I was an attorney I would drag this out as long as possible hoping for the shift. With more and more people getting arrested and people like Sheldon Silver in favor of change. Weird things can happen.

No place is perfect but we each have to make our sitution work for us. Rant Off

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Been to NYC, tall buildings give me tall mountains instead.

Amen to that!
    scgunlover1 likes this.

You think but not spending your $2,000 on a vacation were you can not carry is going to change things. Good luck with that. When my friends and I get together we spend more on that dinner and drinks.

The cost of parking a car in a inside garage for a month in NYC is more that some people pay for a home mortage in other states.
    Are you bragging? Complaining? Confessing?

Mayor Bloomberg is against firearms. Yes, he had a full carry prior to being the Mayor, HE IS A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE....Anybody else on DC a billionaire? Anybody ? Anybody? Buller? If you are I am sure you too can get a full carry.
    Haven't seen him on DC lately.

While NYC is not perfect it still will kick your cities butt.
    Been there. Your opinion, and we all know about opinions.
    jmazz likes this.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Has everyone who has a permit and a gun suddenly decided to take it to New York and get arrested?
    Hakkaa päälle!

Links