What would YOU DO? (No firearms allowed in premisses)

This is a discussion on What would YOU DO? (No firearms allowed in premisses) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry in my state of Florida & I find myself in a delima during the work week. My place of employment as within their ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What would YOU DO? (No firearms allowed in premisses)

I carry in my state of Florida & I find myself in a delima during the work week. My place of employment as within their policy, "No Firearms Allowed!!!" I keep my weapon in the glove compartment on private property. I'm uneasy when I'm in my office, hoping no one steals me vehicle with weapon locked in glove compartment. What is your opinion of the matter? What would you do?
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Senior Moderator
    Get a small safe for your car instead of using the glovebox.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

What kind of work you do, and if you worry about someone stealing your car, you might want to park somewhere else. A gun safe for autos is available, if your office is closed off, carry concealed and then put in desk drawer. Not sure of whole situation. I know where I work , on a boat, they have a no firearms allowed, but I am not leaving my weapon in my truck for 30 days while I am gone. I bring it with me, and no one is the wiser, I do not show it off, I put it in a safe place, and it is there when my days are up and time to go home, cause you never know what time or where your gettting off the boat....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

tourkpaksafe (1).JPGtourkpaksafe (2).JPGNano vault 300 or something like it cheap effective.
    Bolt it down or use the cable
    Cattus Vir likes this.

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Center of Mass (COM) makes a good safe, I have one for each of my three vehicles, all keyed the same.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Carrying against your companies policy will most likely end your employment with them at some time.

That said.....it might save your life.
    smitty704 and M203Sniper like this.
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

I would go with a gun safe mounted somewhere out of sight, since most of the times people break into cars at least 2 times in my life it happened to me the armrest and the glovebox are the only places they looked. Never checked the trunk or they would have got some expesive tools, subs, 6 disc cd changer, and a amp. Instead they got a couple ones, some change, and a old Ipod that was worth about $30

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    COM safe and get "the Club" for your car.

COM safe is a must have product.
    Question Everything!

I am in exactly the same boat. Personally, I don't worry about it being stolen from or with my car. I am relying on the free firearm insurance that comes with an NRA membership to get it replaced if that happens.

Doc

What I have done

Most of the replies do not really help the problem, a safe is at least a preventative method for a break in, but pointless if stolen (no better than the glove box). it seems like you have a few option, 1 continue what you are doing and pray, 2 hide your gun in a briefcase or bag and don't tell a sole 3 stop bringing it to work. I don't think there is a good solution to this one. I had this problem and I had a lunch cooler with a zip out bottom. I would slide it in there and then it would get locked in my desk..never an issue (although against policy). Someone mentioned there pistol is insured..irrelevant. We lose our rights when we become irresponsible and allow criminals to access our weapons (like glove box, or even a safe if vehicle is stolen).

Quote Originally Posted by bravofour View Post
    Most of the replies do not really help the problem, a safe is at least a preventative method for a break in, but pointless if stolen (no better than the glove box). it seems like you have a few option, 1 continue what you are doing and pray, 2 hide your gun in a briefcase or bag and don't tell a sole 3 stop bringing it to work. I don't think there is a good solution to this one. I had this problem and I had a lunch cooler with a zip out bottom. I would slide it in there and then it would get locked in my desk..never an issue (although against policy). Someone mentioned there pistol is insured..irrelevant. We lose our rights when we become irresponsible and allow criminals to access our weapons (like glove box, or even a safe if vehicle is stolen).
    I agree with you that there really is no perfect solution. But disagree about how you define "irresponsible". Keeping a firearm in a locked vehicle in a locked compartment or safe is responsible IMHO. I believe it is more irresponsible to bring a firearm into a workplace where it is prohibited than it is to keep it behind lock and key in a car.

Just my viewpoint,
    Doc
    OldVet and surefire7 like this.

I feel you should bring it in with you, or move down here to NC!

Here in NC, as of DEC. 1st state law trumps company policies by allowing people with a CHP to bring their pistols with them on private property as long as they store it in their vehicles in a locked compartment when they are working. The revised castle law changed a lot of things for the better, this us just one of the smaller changes that occurred.

Good luck to you with your issue.
    Glock 19 gen 4
    M&P 45c
    Mossberg Maverick 12g
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

To Meds. Since you do not state what type of job you do I will assume typical office job. Sitting at a desk vs replacing roofing shingles. I would carry at work vs leaving the firearm in the vehicle. I would rather risk ( A small risk) of losing my job vs losing my life. I own my own business so no chance of getting fired.

I install trailer hitches and I lay on both sides and on my back. So carrying in IWB or OWB or SOB (small of back) is out.I have been carrying in a smart carry for the last 2 months and my brothers who work with me everyday, they have seen me change my shirt and still have no idea that I am carrying a Glock 26. If they have no idea nobody else in your office will. Unless you get frisky with the copy girl, no problems.

Your personal safety is your personal choice. Yes, getting a new job may be hard to get but you will be alive to try. Also here in NY you may not leave a firearm in a vehicle to prevent it from getting stolen. If I had no choice I would install a real guardal safe in the vehicle. com boxes are great for a quick trip in and out of the post office but I would not leave a firearm in a unattended vehicle all day every day. Just my .02 cents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links