People ask so...accident - gun - ER :-(

This is a discussion on People ask so...accident - gun - ER :-( within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by livewire9880 I did notice that there is a new .45 on the XDm site... and the stainless steel mags are abbreviated "SS", ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: People ask so...accident - gun - ER :-(

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    I did notice that there is a new .45 on the XDm site... and the stainless steel mags are abbreviated "SS", maybe that's the source of the confusion...

How are you doing after everything?
    LOL

Well, a week after the accident I was shovelling snow for 3 days straight to keep my gates clear as it continued to come down...and trying to knock the snow off my eaves with a long-handled brush....too much snow melting fast off my metal roof takes off my gutters. I only lost half this time, so that's progress.

And I spent this (gorgeous) weekend digging up my septic tank cover.

So the remaining aches and pains are really just part of the overall background noise now. ha.

I'd still take this any day over living in a condo. On the plus side...got lots and lots of new wood to split for next year!

Thanks for asking.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    LOL

Well, a week after the accident I was shovelling snow for 3 days straight to keep my gates clear as it continued to come down...and trying to knock the snow off my eaves with a long-handled brush....too much snow melting fast off my metal roof takes off my gutters. I only lost half this time, so that's progress.

And I spent this (gorgeous) weekend digging up my septic tank cover.

So the remaining aches and pains are really just part of the overall background noise now. ha.

I'd still take this any day over living in a condo. On the plus side...got lots and lots of new wood to split for next year!

Thanks for asking.
    Sounds like you got quite the workout :-D

Speaking of living in a condo... looks like I might (hopefully) be moving back to Seattle myself. I've about had enough of the desert, lol
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Ahh, the sun! If I didnt need to work for a living, I'd definitely live out further and possibly on the East side 0f the mts.

When I'm doing all that work, I try to identify with my pioneer sisters who would have had it much harder. Not to mention they had to do all that work in long skirts!

Do you mean Seattle proper or the area? With the 'Mercer St. mess' and the new 520 tolls....I'd avoid the big city!
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Quote Originally Posted by jon_volk View Post
    Well, that's sneaky... I couldn't find that anywhere else. Cute too.

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    Ahh, the sun! If I didnt need to work for a living, I'd definitely live out further and possibly on the East side 0f the mts.

When I'm doing all that work, I try to identify with my pioneer sisters who would have had it much harder. Not to mention they had to do all that work in long skirts!

Do you mean Seattle proper or the area? With the 'Mercer St. mess' and the new 520 tolls....I'd avoid the big city!
    I can tell you having lived in Wenatchee for years, and now in Yakima... Don't Do It.

Now, there are a few smaller towns north of Everett I wouldn't mind moving to if I had time and money...

I'm thinking I'm going to move into Seattle proper this time. Last time I lived in Edmonds, but I hear that the commute has gotten worse. I wouldn't mind paying a toll for an expedited trip across the 520, but the north/south commute sounds like it's really been damaged by the stuff you mentioned...
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    WoW ! What a story! Very sorry you & your friend had that accident, I always wondered how something like that would be handled & your very clear retelling of the event will certainly be of help should anyone on this board be so unfourunate.

Wishing you two a speedy recovery & hope you will soon be able to "fill your hand".

Regards,

A good friend of mine has worked at two different ER's in the greater Seattle area. I asked him about their weapons policy. He said that they just lock it up with personal effects if you get checked in, or have to undergo a procedure in which you would not be in a good frame of mind to control a weapon.

Not sure about police involvement. They usually notify the police if they think a crime has been committed, so be prepared to face questions from hospital security or possibly local PD.

I am unaware of any law stating that you cannot carry in hospitals or medical facilities. Signs do not carry the weight of law in WA.

Not a lot for me to add, but...

If you're in a state where bringing a handgun to the hospital isn't a crime, be quiet about it and keep it with you. I'm an ER nurse in Las Vegas. Having someone bring a Handgun with them isn't a daily occurrence, but isn't unusual either. Our security will lock it up, give you a receipt, and you can get it back when you leave, or later if you've been given narcotics And don't want it back immediately. It really is a non-event.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links