Another accident and how my gun was handled

This is a discussion on Another accident and how my gun was handled within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Speedy recovery, glad it wasn't worse....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Another accident and how my gun was handled

Speedy recovery, glad it wasn't worse.

2. Remove Ads

Get well soon, and hope you learned a lesson, rearending a car at 35 to 40 could have caused considerable damage not only to you but to the car you hit. Be thankfull for the courtesy shown to you by both police and emt's, wondering, did they send another ambulance or did the one you refused to stop for help you out ?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Memorial and the Broadway Extension?

Distinguished Member
    Sorry for your misfortune. Sounds like everyone handled the situtation appropiatley. I was a paramedic for 10 years and never picked up anyone carrying other than law enforcement. That was almost 10 years ago. We would have done the same as your responders did under our protocall.

Accidents happen. Glad to hear how the firearm situation was handled. Best wishes.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Just out of curiosity. If your gun was being worn in the appendix position, does that mean your seatbelt was over the gun? Wouldn't that cause injury in an accident?
    No, I normally tuck the seatbelt behind the gun so it is accessible. In fact when I exited the car, I noticed my shirt had
    rode up over it so it was somewhat visible. In fact I think the other driver saw it (but I was not completely clear on that at the moment). I did pull the shirt down to cover it. I believe the guy I hit told the cops I had a gun, but not in an
    "emergency" way, so they were cool about it. (I wasn't sure how else they knew I had one!)
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

It was a different ambulance.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Memorial and the Broadway Extension?
    No, 2 miles north of that : 15th and Broadway (164th and Broadway in OKC terms).

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdu View Post
    hope you are feeling better! Question that popped up in my mind. Does your daughter have a cpl? I would think she would have to- to legally have your pistol in possesion. just curious..
    No,she doesn't have one. The cops did not make a big deal out of it. Me, I was pretty out of it, and I think that is why?

Does OK have a "gun license"? I know they have carry permits, but really licenses for guns?

It isn't illegal for your daughter to have a handgun even if she wasn't 21 yet, she just can't purchase one. Unloaded for transportation is perfectly fine without a permit, even in OK, so I don't see what the big deal was.

And yes, when you see an emergency vehicle with lights and siren you should slow down, not speed up and try to beat it. Get well, rethink your driving habits while you're recovering for your and everyone else's safety.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

15th and Broadway
    Been through that one a bazillion or two times.

Glad you're OK. Tough deal.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Does OK have a "gun license"? I know they have carry permits, but really licenses for guns?

It isn't illegal for your daughter to have a handgun even if she wasn't 21 yet, she just can't purchase one. Unloaded for transportation is perfectly fine without a permit, even in OK, so I don't see what the big deal was.

And yes, when you see an emergency vehicle with lights and siren you should slow down, not speed up and try to beat it. Get well, rethink your driving habits while you're recovering for your and everyone else's safety.
    No, Oklahoma has a "Self Defense Act", which is our CCW law, gives those that qualify a license to carry concealed.

Hope you enjoy a full recovery - that was a bone head move but everyone who hasn't had one is just waiting for one! Like most stupid mistakes - we can only hope we learn something from them. You seem like the type that will! Good luck!
    Great privilege comes with great responsibility.

Glad the gun aspect was handled smoothly for you. One less thing to worry about!

For some odd reason, my right foot also sustained injury. (??) But I hope that your overall soreness goes away quickly.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Ambulance running lights and siren and you didn't stop but the other vehicles did,thank god you didn't seriously injure or kill somebody
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links