The Truth About Gun Sales (anti-gun article)

This is a discussion on The Truth About Gun Sales (anti-gun article) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't buy that for a second. It's clear that firearms have been increasing in popularity. People are constantly buying their first firearm, more and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Truth About Gun Sales (anti-gun article)

RKM
    I don't buy that for a second. It's clear that firearms have been increasing in popularity. People are constantly buying their first firearm, more and more as time goes on. Of course, there are repeat buyers, but I'd highly doubt that firearm ownership is declining.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Honestly, I didn't see anything there that was "anti-gun-ownership". He complained of poor data coming from manufacturers and that's true, but it is never going to change. Gun Makers have no idea how many guns are sold, they only make them and ship them to dealers. Sporting stores and gun shops sell the guns and they don't report that to the manufacturer. Gun shops aren't national chains (some are), they are mostly mom and pop operations and have no reason or requirement to call reporters with their latest sales figures. For big chains it's competitive, proprietary data. Bass Pro doesn't want Gander Mountain or anyone else knowing what they sold or how many. That would reveal what they bought and from whom. They all have their own deal with the manufacturerers and might even be prohibited from disclosing the terms of their contracts for supply by contract. Meanwhile the government really doesn't want to advertise how many weapons they are buying or from who, not at the state, federal or military levels. This supposed NRA conspiracy serves them well and they aren't likely to change it either.

HuffPo is a joke anyway.

Bad guys don't buy guns from licensed dealers. Doesn't anyone watch Sons of Anarchy?
    oneshot likes this.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Now hang on,this man has results from a survey and polls! I read it on the internet,it's gotta be true!
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

According to most sources, gun sales are up. And according to the FBI, violent crimes are down 6.4 percent. Not good news for the antis.

FBI — Preliminary Semiannual Uniform Crime Report, January-June, 2011
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

With Wisconsin passing ccw oh believe gun sales are up and just period all the new ppl applying for ccw licenses in lots of state shows it to because they are tired of being victims or knowing ppl to close to them being victims and although they may already own guns the want ones that they can carry concealed

VIP Member
    Josh Horwitz is, was and always will be, a numbskull.
    He doesn't know, that he doesn't know.
    As soon as I saw the link taking me to the Huffington Post, I knew it was DRIVEL!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Josh Horwitz is, was and always will be, a numbskull.
    Ha! He is definably a numb some body part, but it isn't skull that I was thinking.
    As soon as I saw the link taking me to the Huffington Post, I knew it was DRIVEL!
    Even as someone who has liberal tendencies, I don't bother with the Huffington Post. It is a total waste of Internet bandwidth.

Denial, it ain't just a river n Egypt!!!
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack" - Master Yoda

Member of NRA, GOA, SAF, NAGR, CCDL

Sign for those "Anti-gun & Gun regulation supporters"

Gun Control Activist Yard Sign - Attention Criminals - YouTube
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I work in Broadcast TV. I work with reporters. The title "Reporter" is synonymous with "Lying, ignorant fool". When you read or see something, anything written by someone who calls themselves a Reporter, you know it is full of inaccuracies, outright lies, misinformation and most likely a healthy dose of their own beliefs, no matter how stupid and illogical those beliefs are.

Just so you know. I have never met nor worked with a "Reporter" I considered intelligent in any way. Some are nice people, but they are all uneducated or ill-educated and nowhere near as smart as they believe themselves to be.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links