The Truth About Gun Sales (anti-gun article)

This is a discussion on The Truth About Gun Sales (anti-gun article) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have a good laugh! Josh Horwitz: The Truth About Gun Sales...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Truth About Gun Sales (anti-gun article)

GM [OP]

"The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Here's what they fail to take into account. The anti-gun lobby has been trying to stress that all of those guns sales were to existing die-hard gun owners who already have guns. But being that most states do not run a NICS check if the person as a concealed handgun license, that means all of the die-hard gun purchases wouldn't even show up as part of the NICS check.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    So this reporter asserts that statistical conclusions cannot be trusted because all the facts are not available.
    And then he caps it off by stating the "truth" about gun sales.

So, Mr Horwitz, it seems a bit disingenuous to claim that you've 'figured it all out' using the same data available to every other reporter in the country. Especially considering that the vast majority of those reporters are owned by anti-gun media empires. All those other reporters are swallowing what the NRA is spoon-feeding them but you alone have nobly resisted the propaganda?

Idiot.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Wow....just another instance of a reporter skewing the facts to advance their own "theory"!!!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    A lengthy answer in search of a question.

VIP Member
    It would be just as valid for me to assert that since there are over fifty guns in my "typical" family of five, by extrapolation, the country of 300 million has over three billion of 'em. Come and take them.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Just a typical “news” story from the Puffington press.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    What about all the private sales that occur...and that dealers are having a hard time getting certain types of guns do the demand of the product.

Back in 1999-2001 I worked for a sporting goods that no longer exists. In one year, IIRC we sold 1000+ guns and we were only one store.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

The lefties are salivating that someday there will only be 27 citizens left who keep and bare arms. Then their political hacks can repeal the 2nd Amendment and be done with it. Everyone needs a dream.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

VIP Member
    Just anti's trying to rationalize away their fears.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Well, what about the studies showing that gun sales have increased in Wisconsin alone because of the CC bill that passed? Stores are reporting that actual sales are up over last year anywhere up to 300% better. Sure, a one time increase, but that means there are a lot of guns being bought. Many stores who did informal polls found that many are first time purchasers as well. In Wisconsin, that means his numbers don't mesh with reality because we have a growing gun owning community.

That tends to debunk the made up numbers of that hack Horwitz. He's a bad reporter at best. He has not written one article of any real value in all the years I've heard of his name. He does not understand that a reporter should remain neutral and unbiased. Everything he writes has some major slant to it that belies his inability to remain neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    A lengthy answer in search of a question.

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    The lefties are salivating that someday there will only be 27 citizens left who keep and bare arms. Then their political hacks can repeal the 2nd Amendment and be done with it. Everyone needs a dream.
    No right to bare arms? Will they take our T- shirts from our cold dead bodies?

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    Wow some peoples intelligence scares me. I hope he doesn't breed his genetics into our future?

I seldom even read that crap - especially if the Sluffington Post or the NY Slimes prints it. I don't need to OD on Tums. My stress level is high enough.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links