Snap Fitness

This is a discussion on Snap Fitness within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was working out yesterday at my gym when I noticed an employee come in with a "No concealed weapons allowed" sign in her hand. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Snap Fitness

Snap Fitness

I was working out yesterday at my gym when I noticed an employee come in with a "No concealed weapons allowed" sign in her hand. When I joined last year, there was nothing in the contract about weapons and no sign posted. She didn't get it posted before I left, but today I noticed it posted in the window next to the door. I really wish I wasn't there when she came in, because I don't make it a habit to check for a posted sign when I enter a familiar establishment. I still have 6 months left on my contract and I really like the place. I've read other gyms in town also have a "no weapons policy", so I guess I'm out of luck. I realize my only 2 options are joining a new gym or leaving the firearm locked in the car. I would appreciate any suggestions.
    Brian
    Walther PPS
    Glock 19
    Smith & Wesson 642
    Kahr CM9
    Kel-Tec P-3AT

2. Remove Ads

Let your money do the talking. Cancel, tell the manager why, and don't agree to pay any cancelation fees. They changed their membership terms mid-contract without forewarning.
    As a side note, I Know that we all worked hard to get our concealed permits. We are all responsible with our concealed arms. A place that doesn't recognize this, and bans them from their property, loses my business.
    JerryMac, SGT, Flasher and 10 others like this.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Even though my club does not have a sign and I haven't inquired about their policy or even if they have one, I leave mine locked in my car or my bike if I ride in. Not that big of a deal for me.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Were I in the situation, I'd have considered it a breach of contract. I'd get a refund for any time left in the membership.
    SGT, Flasher, JDE101 and 4 others like this.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Were I in the situation, I'd have considered it a breach of contract. I'd get a refund for any time left in the membership.
    +1. If it wasn't in the contract when you signed it, you can demand a refund.
    Flasher likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    Unless the contract was drafted by a complete incompetent, it will have a clause in it that allows the gym to change it's rules from time to time as it sees fit.

Matt
    Toorop, Mattmann and ks kid like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Snap is a franchise operation, is ther another club near you? Snap membership is transferrable to any Snap location. My club is not posted.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Unless the contract was drafted by a complete incompetent, it will have a clause in it that allows the gym to change it's rules from time to time as it sees fit.

Matt
    Correct!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Snap is a franchise operation, is ther another club near you? Snap membership is transferrable to any Snap location. My club is not posted.
    YET.

I would ask the general manager to take the sign down or to release you from your contract. Try to educate them on what we are all about. If they will not budge tell them you will not be back and will not pay another invoice.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

The contract probably allows them to change their rules, but the manager can probably still let you out. If nothing road, you can always tell them why you won't be renewing.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    What do you do with your weapon today during your workout?

C.A.N.T. ......... i go in a lot of places that have a posted sign, i do make note of it, and sometimes if I am not n a hurry, I will go elsewhere, i would do as I always do, am I goiong to carry in their business....CANT.... CarryAlwaysNeverTell
    Longbow likes this.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

SGT
    Luckily, here in PA the famous signs carry no authority of law. The worst thing that can happen is that they owner/manager can ask you to leave and you must comply or it is considered trespassing. Also, here in our Commonwealth, I have yet to see a single posted sign and I'm pretty careful about looking, more so to see if I want to spend my hard earned $$$ in the business. ~SGT

My club of choice (Lifetime) is posted. I wouldn't carry in there anyways, as it is hard to change clothes without flashing; and I don't trust the lockers there for a second.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    Then I'd get a refund as I see fit. It wouldn't be worth it for them to try to fight me over $150-300. It would be to me.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links