Harless Fired!!!!

This is a discussion on Harless Fired!!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You know this got me thinking...my last boss stepped on my toe once and boy oh boy did it hurt. I think he may have ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Harless Fired!!!!

You know this got me thinking...my last boss stepped on my toe once and boy oh boy did it hurt. I think he may have caused my PTSD and now must owe me a bunch of money. I can't work cause I still have flashbacks and every time I encounter a person with feet I relive the trauma. Oh man I forgot...it wasn't a union job. Well I guess I will have to get up and go to work tomorrow after all.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Well if you guys ever wonder why these types of things happen, check out this audio recording of Canton City Council President Alan Schulman taken from a radio program in Canton after the event happened.

That guy should be the next one to lose his job...
    The good news is that the voters can fireSchulman. The bad news is that in order to fire the Chief of Police in Madison, you have to fire the mayor and a good part of city council.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Good bye. perhaps Milwaukee will hire him?

This eventually was going to happen. Too many incidents that he was involved to keep on the "ignore it long enough, it goes away" list.

He was and perhaps still is a danger, I'm sure he feels that he has been "wronged" and everyone else is out to get him, and he is not to blame for his actions. I'd go so far to say he is delusional.

Would not be surprised if he does some sort of Postal revenge type thing. If I were the authorities, I'd keep a very close eye on him, because he could just snap and kill a few people in a fit of rage.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

PTSD,is going to be a cop-out(no pun intended) for a lot of things to come,it's shameful for this and a spit in the face for the ones who really suffer day to day with this,I am LEO and this officers actions were an embarecement to me and i'm sure a lot of other officers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMare View Post
    While of course painful and upsetting, it's an insult to all our soldiers coming home, and other police on the job, to blame a bitten finger for 'PTSD.'
    Harryball and 9MMare like this.

Huh,he does'nt want to comment on the Officer,but it does sound like he has an "Agenda".
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    The good news is that the voters can fireSchulman. The bad news is that in order to fire the Chief of Police in Madison, you have to fire the mayor and a good part of city council.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    Let's cut Schulman a little slack. He did, after all, modify his views a bit.
    Schulman joins Strickland at firing range - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com

I like the cop who shot five bullets in a road rage incident - hitting a mother and 12 yr old child, and was still allowed to work. Whether it Harless, or this cop, you had better use your cell to video tape any encounters.

Thank god this guy is gone. He needs to go to jail now. His partner needs to be fired, along with a large portion of that PD as well apparently.

Luckily where I live most cops are polite, although some rookies have that "I wear a badge, therefore I'm in power" attitude. They usually don't last too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Let's cut Schulman a little slack. He did, after all, modify his views a bit.
    Schulman joins Strickland at firing range - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com
    His attempt at damage control no doubt. He's an idiot plain and simple. I want him out and I don't even live there.
    TX expat, ep1953 and mook012 like this.

Just like in any other profession, there are good cops and bad cops. Harless made it pretty clear where he falls in that equation. I am thankful that all of the cops I have dealt with have behaved professionally and have seemed to support (to one extent or other) concealed carry.
    Fitch and ep1953 like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Im glad this idiot is gone.
    9MMare likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by mook012 View Post
    Absolutely...the command officers need to be held accountable. They are accountable to the Chief - Wherever he is on this.
    I agree..." I am reminded of the Honor Code at West Point which states "A cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do." The point of that Code is that you are just as guilty of lying, cheating, or stealing if you know about it and do nothing. Likewise, in this case, tolerating someone who abuses their authority is just as bad as abusing that authority yourself."
    Divebum47 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

What really bothers me more than what he did is that The other LEO support him.
    I mean this happens a lot but you would think that if most LEO are honest and good then why would they support ones like him.
    This is a big part of the problem we face in Madison WI.
    Harless will retire with a fat pension and a disability bonus and still be carrying a gun.
    He wins.
    9MMare likes this.

Harless will retire with a fat pension and a disability bonus and still be carrying a gun.
    He wins.
    Most likely true. On the other hand maybe he will be found face down and stiff as a board in a ditch some fine morning. Live by the sword....................

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links