anyone use these floorplates for glock?

This is a discussion on anyone use these floorplates for glock? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; P R O D U C T S...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: anyone use these floorplates for glock?

anyone use these floorplates for glock?

Last edited by SIXTO; January 14th, 2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason: removed text "speech" from title

2. Remove Ads

Nope,and how can they be made of the same polymer as glocks,I do use the Magpul floorplates,it helps protect them when I do mag changes in IDPA matches,and WELCOME!

VIP Member
    Nope. I've been curling a pinky under my G26 for so long, that anything else would screw with my grip.

Welcome to DC!

I guess anything could work...whatever you get used to.
    Give it a try, certainly easy to switch back.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    A buddy of mine tried them. They DO help with one-handed magazine drills.

Other than that?

Whatever floats your boat.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I haven't tried those, I bought Pearce extentions for my 26. Work well for me. Although..... they were a huge pain in the butt to change because you have to squeeze the center of the clip to get the old plates off.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. Don't own a Glock, but wouldn't use them even if I did.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I use them on a Gen4 G26.
    Carried in a Remora holster.
    Makes a difference.
    Not very expensive.
    Worth a try.

I have used them on my glock 26. I didn't notice a lot of difference on rapid fire strings (the 9mm doesn't have much snap to begin with) I will say that I notcied more of a difference when DRAWING my gun. My draw stroke and grip felt more solid.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    Friend of mine uses it. Pretty solid product. He liked it because the protrusion goes directly between his ring finger and pinky, and helps him "lock in."

IIRC, Paul Gomez also favors this product - if I remember right, Mr. Gomez likes it because it helps with single-handed manipulations, giving one more surface for purchase in case you had to unconventionally rip-out the magazine from the magwell. I seem to remember one of his videos in which he hooked the lip into his belt, to help extract the magazine.
    Last edited by TSiWRX; January 12th, 2012 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Nope. I've been curling a pinky under my G26 for so long, that anything else would screw with my grip.

Welcome to DC!
    This for me as well...although others remark on it, I have never had an issue with my grip on my G26 with a 10-round magazine. For carry around the house I use a 17-round magazine with or without an adapter, simply for the increased capacity - not grip. I carry it concealed with a 10-round magazine and a pouch with a 15-round magazine, also simply for increased capacity.

And lastly...welcome.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Honk View Post
    I haven't tried those, I bought Pearce extentions for my 26. Work well for me. Although..... they were a huge pain in the butt to change because you have to squeeze the center of the clip to get the old plates off.
    It is a pain to get floorplates off Glock magazines, but what clip are you squeezing? I'm looking for any help I can get.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    It is a pain to get floorplates off Glock magazines, but what clip are you squeezing? I'm looking for any help I can get.
    I just put a punch in the bottom of the magazine and used some force. At first I was worrying to much about squeezing the magazines.
    jem102 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CVarner View Post
    I just put a punch in the bottom of the magazine and used some force. At first I was worrying to much about squeezing the magazines.
    Naturally. Honk said he squeezes a clip and I'm wondering if there is some tool (other than a punch) that I might need to get.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I have a floor plate and a Glock +2 mag, like the +2 better since it has a little finger grip on it, and the floorplate is just smooth. I love the change in feel over the stock 10 rd mag for my 26.

edit* Also it was terribly difficult to remove the stock floor plate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links