For my Illinois neighbor's here is a question..................

This is a discussion on For my Illinois neighbor's here is a question.................. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When in the world will your state govenment allow concealed carry?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: For my Illinois neighbor's here is a question..................

For my Illinois neighbor's here is a question..................

When in the world will your state govenment allow concealed carry?
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

2. Remove Ads

Hopefully soon. It's ridiculous we are denied a right that citizens of 49 other states can enjoy. There's a concealed carry bill pending right now in the legislature. An exploratory committee was formed to duplicate the work of the other 49 state legislatures, so it seems we're moving in the right direction.

Exploratory committee announcement:
    NRA-ILA :: Illinois House Creates Task Force to Explore Possibility of Right-to-Carry Law!

HB0148 - Family and Personal Protection Act
    Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB0148

VIP Member
    Not from Ill but they will get CCW when HELL.jpg
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Even if they get a law passed that allows it,the restraints on SD may be so restrictive that you have to make every attempt to defuse the situation,including a duty to retreat from your own residence.I'm also sure that you will have numerous businesses posting "no gun" signs since they have been taught their whole life that guns are bad
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago45 View Post
    Hopefully soon. It's ridiculous we are denied a right that citizens of 49 other states can enjoy. There's a concealed carry bill pending right now in the legislature. An exploratory committee was formed to duplicate the work of the other 49 state legislatures, so it seems we're moving in the right direction.

Exploratory committee announcement:
    NRA-ILA :: Illinois House Creates Task Force to Explore Possibility of Right-to-Carry Law!

HB0148 - Family and Personal Protection Act
    Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for HB0148
    This is good.

Illinois is recognizing that 822 will be law soon and they better get something on the books before the feds decide for them.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    This is good.

Illinois is recognizing that 822 will be law soon and they better get something on the books before the feds decide for them.
    The problem with H.R. 822 (from an Illinois citizen's perspective) is that it will not force Illinois to recognize other states' concealed carry permits, nor would it require Illinois to enact legislation to allow its own citizens to carry. See H.R. 822 Section 926D(a)(1), 926D(a)(2), and 926D(b). http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-1...12hr822rfs.pdf

An amendment to H.R. 822 that would have forced Illinois to recognize other states' concealed carry permits failed in committee and was not included with the legislation. Illinois Carry - A Website Dedicated To Advancing Conceal Carry For Illinois

We're now trying our best to get it done at the state level.

Nam
    They'll end up getting concealed carry like New York.

I think you Illinois Guys, should demand NOTHING LESS THAN WHAT THE OTHER 49 STATES HAVE.
    Chapstick likes this.
    My WI. CCW Permit Statistics
    Applied & Hand delivered to DOJ: 11/01/2011
    Check # 4548 Cleared: .............. 11/07/2011
    Permit #39 received via USPS: .... 11/02/2011

Thanks Chicago. I haven't really been following 822 as close concerning "right denied" states.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nam View Post
    They'll end up getting concealed carry like New York.
    Or worse yet, NJ, MD or Hawaii.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Even if they get a law passed that allows it,the restraints on SD may be so restrictive that you have to make every attempt to defuse the situation,including a duty to retreat from your own residence.I'm also sure that you will have numerous businesses posting "no gun" signs since they have been taught their whole life that guns are bad
    Surprisingly Illinois is pretty fair for allowing deadly force in a self-defense situation in one's home. One does not have a duty to retreat before using deadly force and the intruder does not even have to gain entry prior to stopping him with deadly force.

(720 ILCS 5/7‑2) (from Ch. 38, par. 7‑2) (720*ILCS*5/*Criminal Code of 1961.)
    Sec. 7‑2. Use of force in defense of dwelling.
    (a) A person is justified in the use of force against another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to prevent or terminate such other's unlawful entry into or attack upon a dwelling. However, he is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if:
    (1) The entry is made or attempted in a violent, riotous, or tumultuous manner, and he reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent an assault upon, or offer of personal violence to, him or another then in the dwelling, or
    (2) He reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent the commission of a felony in the dwelling.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Never gonna happen. This is the state that just enacted a law requiring an ID and a form completed to buy drain cleaner for crying' out loud.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

As a former illinois resident :D (Glad i left), alot of the police where i grew up (northern chicago) favor it. However, they do fear it in chicago itself. That is the only hold up chicago. I watched a video on youtube recently of an elderly man (80's) with a walker just walk by a group of teens, one video taping. One teen walks up next to the old man and then just with a huge right hook, hits the old man in the head. Now im not racist but it does pop up in crime from time to time, however black elderly person, black teens. Then they jumped on the subway train and got away. Now ccw might not have helped this old man, but if crime like that is happening, personally id like to see it passed in ILL. Id like to defend myself. Good luck IL.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    At the Illinois State Fair, last fall, I spoke with a State Cop who knew my step-son. He told me that the prior CC Bill was defeated by one vote and that with the Governor and Mayoral change it has a good chance of passing next time. Of course, this was downstate where the populous is generally in favor of CC. It is usually Chicago that carries enough sway to defeat anything they wish regardless of what the rest of the state wants. They ought to make Chicago a separate state and let the rest of Illinois do what it wants. I can easily drive around Chicago. The rest of Illinois, not so easily.
    bandrich likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    As a former illinois resident :D (Glad i left), alot of the police where i grew up (northern chicago) favor it. However, they do fear it in chicago itself. That is the only hold up chicago. I watched a video on youtube recently of an elderly man (80's) with a walker just walk by a group of teens, one video taping. One teen walks up next to the old man and then just with a huge right hook, hits the old man in the head. Now im not racist but it does pop up in crime from time to time, however black elderly person, black teens. Then they jumped on the subway train and got away. Now ccw might not have helped this old man, but if crime like that is happening, personally id like to see it passed in ILL. Id like to defend myself. Good luck IL.
    Glad you left! I wish more people would leave and let the Anti's have Chicago all to themselves, oh, along with the criminals.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links