Kill or get killed.

Kill or get killed.

This is a discussion on Kill or get killed. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you donít want to be killed by a deranged BG, you need to learn how to defend yourself and legally carry a firearm. There ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Kill or get killed.

Kill or get killed.

If you donít want to be killed by a deranged BG, you need to learn how to defend yourself and legally carry a firearm. There is a host of pistols and revolvers that will leverage the field in preventing a 200 pound thug from doing you and your family harm. What is your best carry and do you have your family go to the range with you to get familiar with your weapon of choice?
    RugerMak likes this.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

If he is a little ole 200 pound thug, without a gun, or weapon, he gets a knucllesammich, unless it is the wife, then he gets a load of hollowpoints. Yes, the wife shoots about every time I do. The family that shoots togather stays togather. Best carry is what I am carrying that day, on a normal day a xd40sc .... with a BUG in my pocket, on my worst day it is BUG as primary in pocket....but there is no day, that I do not carry....my wife has her own weapon of choice, but she also shoots our HD guns, as well. gotta love that woman, would love her more if she would start buying the ammo....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

What if my weapon of choice isn't there weapon of choice ?
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

What is your weapon of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    What if my weapon of choice isn't there weapon of choice ?

To me the best way to avoid being killed by a deranged bad guy is to not be where the deranged bad guys are. That being said just in case one gets out of his normal habitat I carry my Kimber Ultra Eclipse.
    My son still prefers his BB gun. Right now playstation and sports are his main interests with girls starting to enter the mix. My wife unfortunately has no interest in guns. Then again maybe this is fortunate since
    I can go practice on my own. I have learned from taking her golfing that some things are best enjoyed with out her. I do wish that wasn't the case but after 20 years of marriage it is what it is.

She knows that I have had a carry permit for a couple years but has no idea how often I carry. She doesn't ask and I don't bring it up. Actually this is a good way to check if I am concealing adequately because
    I am sure she would say something if she noticed.

WOW, only 200 pounds..I do not need my gun for that. Ill just kick him in the family jewels and be on with my life. BTW welcome to the world that is real.
    21bubba and kb2wji like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

No kidding, I am 225lbs 6'2 and i do not consider myself a big guy.

Probably just back hand him unless he had a weapon, 200lbs isnt big now a days. unless he is 5 foot 3

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Wow if he's only 200# i'll just gve him a little and a .

On a seriouse note, you try to not let yourself be caught in a situation like that. With the way the world is I have tried to practice scanning my surroundings as much as possible while out. While we can not see everything coming, we can try to see as much as possible. If the BG is only 200#, and no weapon, i'll take my chances with my hands. If the BG has a gun and i've tried everything I can to avoid contact with him but he still pursues me then I have no choice but to defend myself. I just hope that day never comes because that is the last thing I want to have to do.

1) avoid bad areas if possible
    2) scan your surroundings while out
    3) look for your quickest escape route
    4) i'll let LEO deal with the bad guys thats not my job
    5) ALWAYS go home to your family at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by gunther71 View Post
    No kidding, I am 225lbs 6'2 and i do not consider myself a big guy.

Probably just back hand him unless he had a weapon, 200lbs isnt big now a days. unless he is 5 foot 3
    Many are focusing on the weight & NOT the mindset. Most assailants are 165 - 205 lbs with the intention of harming or killing someone. It dosen't matter of weight. It dosen't matter if they have a knife, bat, pipe, or gun. They want what you have. Their aggression & possibly their sickness can alarm you. Point is are you ready? Is your family ready when your daily life is disrupted by a BG???
    Toorop likes this.

My thug-thumping days are over...I'll let Mr. Glock-36 do the talking.
    My wife does not carry unless she's traveling a 'distance'...her choice...but a little Kel-Tec .32 goes with her.
    I bought her a Glock-26, but she likes the .32....better than nothing.
    archer51, sgb and Anubis like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Like retsupt99, I'm too old worn to play fisticuffs with someone. I'll let whatever I'm carrying that day speak for me. My wife does shoot and has her permit as well.
    sgb and surefire7 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'd say 200lbs is Good size, 33" waist & a 44" chest 16-1/2" arms could put a hurting on your azz JMO ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

In all honesty weight usually helps in leverage but size isn't always the game changer. I am 6'1 150-155 in a good day. I have to deal with and defend myself against those "big guys" on a daily basis at work. My father is the same way at 5'9 150 lbs now at 57 years old. He also has been known to put a hurting on the "big guys" in his day. If you have the will and desire to continue your life you will find a way to win the fight.

It's not only that that 200 lb BG is a threat because of his size, but you have to remember that he is most likely more angry and aggressive than you are. Even if you are very aware of your surroundings and paying attention, you are likely not as mad as he is. Usually these types of people have nothing to lose so they are unpredictable.

The best way to protect yourself is to strap on a 1911 with some HPs and practice day in and day out with your weapon. Don't just kill paper targets but practice your draw.Practice your draw with your family around (unloaded of course). Get your kids and wife to scream at you while drawing. Or maybe get a buddy to approach you aggressively and draw down on him (unloaded of course or with a practice weapon). A person running at you can cover a lot of ground by the time you can draw and get sight picture on him.

You have to run through situations to know how to react before you are in the situation. Because a matter of seconds is not the time to be weighing your options.

At the end of the day your best line of defense is to try to avoid these situations, and be very aware of where you are and where you don't want to be, but be ready when it comes to you.
    BIGRED1911
    Kimber ProElite Ruger P345 Ruger P95DC Beretta Cheetah 85FS

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed1911 View Post
    It's not only that that 200 lb BG is a threat because of his size, but you have to remember that he is most likely more angry and aggressive than you are. Even if you are very aware of your surroundings and paying attention, you are likely not as mad as he is. Usually these types of people have nothing to lose so they are unpredictable.
    I assume you are talking about an unarmed 200 lb BG, otherwise with an armed BG body weight has less to do with it than the fact that he's armed.

Listen guys, its all about the size of the fight in the dog. I'm 6'3" and 245 lbs (not fat) and I will never forget my Aikido instructor. She was an old(er) lady that I must have outweighed by 100 lbs and she could wipe the mat with me. If you are smaller than the BG, don't go toe to toe and slug it out with him. Fight dirty and be vicious and yell like a wild man. Just remember that shooting someone because you are scared of them because they are bigger and meaner than you may result in going to jail. If you shoot a single, unarmed BG you had better be disabled or a little old lady if you expect to be justified unless you are getting really beat down (unless you're covered by castle law). Just my 2 cents FWIW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links