traveling with gun?

This is a discussion on traveling with gun? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by oakchas Take the ferry. Last time I was on the Ferry, 3 years ago, they asked if I had any weapons. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: traveling with gun?

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Take the ferry.
    Last time I was on the Ferry, 3 years ago, they asked if I had any weapons. I was going WI which at the time didn't allow CC, so I didn't have one. I don't know what they would have required had I answered that I had a weapon.

I think the Ferry is better than IL for sure.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

2. Remove Ads

I travel through IL everytime go visit my Mom in KY. I have zero trouble. I stop in St Louis at the Arch area (not in the federal park) at a parking lot and put the pistol in my COM box in the runk and ammo in the mags seperate. I even carry an M4 made in Corona, IL along with lots of ammo and 20 rd mags in the trunk. Non-Chicago IL is no problem as long as you don't try and CCW a loaded firearm. Drive the speed limit and hope for the IN border.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links