Accidentally exposed my firearm - Page 2

Accidentally exposed my firearm

This is a discussion on Accidentally exposed my firearm within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you carry everyday it is bound to happen sooner or later. Texas doesn't allow for open carry? I find that really surprising, I figured ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Accidentally exposed my firearm

If you carry everyday it is bound to happen sooner or later. Texas doesn't allow for open carry? I find that really surprising, I figured they would have been one of the first ones to allow for open carry.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Not a crime in FL as long as you have a CWFL.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Florida doesn't allow for open carry either, but they recently passed a new law that an unintentional display or printing is not illegal. While this might not protect you from some crazy screaming "man with a gun", at least you won't be prosecuted for displaying. It was part of a bill to allow open carry, but the open carry part was defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
    If you carry everyday it is bound to happen sooner or later. Texas doesn't allow for open carry? I find that really surprising, I figured they would have been one of the first ones to allow for open carry.
    Hi Carrie.

It IS surprising isn't it! That's why it's important to know the laws of the states we travel to.

I travel around the southeast a little and don't really remember which states are shall inform during a traffic stop and which are not. I do know all the states I travel to (and thru) recognize the TN permit. If I ever get stopped in another state I plan to inform the officer thus avoiding the issue. My main destination is FL so I did study up on their laws. I will review the specific laws of other states I might visit in the future (as opposed to just passing thru).

I had a similar exposure shopping in a store when my Remora holster IWB in sweat pants fell down my pants leg to my ankle. I quickly bent over like tying my shoe picked it up and stuck it inside my waistband at 1:00 and saw a few folks glaring back at me but no one said or did anything. I guess people in TN are getting used to CC in public places.
    I never had this happen when I wear a belt.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Not a crime in FL as long as you have a CWFL.
    What the OP described would not be a crime in Texas either. The law says that it must be intentional exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfxMM View Post
    What the OP described would not be a crime in Texas either. The law says that it must be intentional exposure.
    This does not mean that you could not be charged with a crime. Have to miss work you go to Court and pleads your case before being told you have committed no crime and are free to go.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by true grit View Post
    I had a similar exposure shopping in a store when my Remora holster IWB in sweat pants fell down my pants leg to my ankle. I quickly bent over like tying my shoe picked it up and stuck it inside my waistband at 1:00 and saw a few folks glaring back at me but no one said or did anything. I guess people in TN are getting used to CC in public places.
    I never had this happen when I wear a belt.
    I bet it might be comfy, but hell, how do you IWB with sweats? and by belt do you mean shoelace? Cause I've never known sweats to go well with a 2inch leather belt... =p

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Next time you walk in Albertson's, there will be a large wanted poster of you hanging in the front of the store. J/K :)
    I think they mentioned Adric22 on "America's Most Wanted" the other night!

In all reality, I think your home free!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Texas NEEDS to do what Governor Scott did in Fl. And, that was to support & sign a bill into law that states, “Law abiding citizens should not be subject to criminal arrest, prosecution or harassment because a firearm, that is being lawfully carried concealed, accidentally becomes briefly exposed.”
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

If mine was ever exposed in the same situation, I'd try to just play it cool and be sure to give a very polite "thank you and have a good day" with a smile before making my way off.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

mel
    I, personally wouldn't sweat it. You weren't breaking the law. Like a previous poster, most people wouldn't expect someone who isn't acting like a criminal to be much of a threat to public safety.

Yawn......It has happened to me soo many times. Wind, putting daughter in the car, reaching up on a rack for an item, etc.etc. It happens and will happen. But like it was done....make it a nonevent, reconceal, move along.

It's a non issue in my opinion. It's not like you were brandishing. It happens, if it bothers you move your gun to an area that wont be exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    This is one of the main reasons I wish my State would allow open carry. It would end all worries about accidental exposure.

Michael
    I agree...this would make FL the perfect gun state.IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links