82 Yr Florida Resident Old Shoots Through Door And Isn't Charged

This is a discussion on 82 Yr Florida Resident Old Shoots Through Door And Isn't Charged within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paramedic70002 He made out a lot better than that poor kid in Chesapeake VA who woke up to his door being crashed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 82 Yr Florida Resident Old Shoots Through Door And Isn't Charged

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    He made out a lot better than that poor kid in Chesapeake VA who woke up to his door being crashed and did the exact same thing, but killed an LEO during a no-knock warrant service. He got 10 years for manslaughter. That it was a drug warrant and MJ plants were recovered didn't help his case much but I believe he thought it was a break-in. The police informant had broken into his garage two days before to get the evidence for the LEOs.
    In Oklahoma where I am at there is a provision stating that the Castle law does not apply if you are in the commission of a crime or using your residence in a criminal activity.
    3. The person who uses defensive force is engaged in an unlawful activity or is using the dwelling, residence, occupied vehicle, or place of business to further an unlawful activity.
    I have no problem with that provision.

Michael

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Bandrich and JDE are not sure they could fire thru the door. RevolvingMag says it all. You are trying to kick MY door in at MY house--if that is not a presumption of an imminent threat what in the world are you waiting for? At least in SC, I have the Code of Law on my side. I do find it a bit suspect if the quick entry by police, as depicted on cop shows, is for real. I understand that you want to catch the BGs with the drugs etal, but the timing is such that, as far as I am concerned, the police have the ultimate responsibility to ID the correct house and, if wrong , they should be held responsible for their actions.
    I'm sure that would go a long way with the county prosecutor after you shot thru the door and killed a cop who was at the wrong house. That's if you survived and weren't shot by the other cops who were there with the first one you shot! Or if you killed a drunk who happend to be at the wrong house. I still say, you should be sure of your target before you pull the trigger! I learned that, along with the other safety rules, back when I was 12 years old. It was a good rule then, and I think it still is 58 years later!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Saw this on the news the day it happened. Glad the old feller is ok. Old guy 1 = BG 0 . Anyone know if he is a veteran? Just curious.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links