82 Yr Florida Resident Old Shoots Through Door And Isn't Charged

This is a discussion on 82 Yr Florida Resident Old Shoots Through Door And Isn't Charged within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The 82-year-old homeowner woke up at 6 a.m. after hearing someone at his backdoor, the report said. He armed himself with a .45 automatic and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 82 Yr Florida Resident Old Shoots Through Door And Isn't Charged

82 Yr Florida Resident Old Shoots Through Door And Isn't Charged

The 82-year-old homeowner woke up at 6 a.m. after hearing someone at his backdoor, the report said. He armed himself with a .45 automatic and fired a single shot through the door, the report said. The suspected burglar was hit in the abdomen and likely died minutes later.

Read more: Florida Senior Citizen Shoots, Kills Suspected Burglar | Fox News

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I want a .45 automatic.

Maybe even with one of those illegal silencers, and assault clips.
    ----------------
    Way to go grampa! I do like what the chief of police said about the justice system. Wish all of them could be so honest about it.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Chief said GOOD SHOOT, Castel Docrine & Home owner put this guy out of bussiness ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Already a thread on this.

82 year old man shoots and kills burglar

Know the laws in your state,shooting through an exterior door without identifying a threat could get you in deep kimshi,In Tx I'm pretty sure it woulda been a good shoot,especially since the guy had a ski mask and burglar tools with evidence of prying on the door.
    The Police Chief was right on with his comment about the homeowner doing what the criminal justice system couldn't do,putting the burglar out of commission
    ironmike86 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

How do you fire a single shot from an automatic?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    In FL, if someone is attempting to illegally enter your house, the occupants are "presumed" to be in fear of life per state statute. Some BGs learn this the hard way.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Very, VERY carefully. I think it takes very fast fingers.

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    He made out a lot better than that poor kid in Chesapeake VA who woke up to his door being crashed and did the exact same thing, but killed an LEO during a no-knock warrant service. He got 10 years for manslaughter. That it was a drug warrant and MJ plants were recovered didn't help his case much but I believe he thought it was a break-in. The police informant had broken into his garage two days before to get the evidence for the LEOs.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    He made out a lot better than that poor kid in Chesapeake VA who woke up to his door being crashed and did the exact same thing, but killed an LEO during a no-knock warrant service. He got 10 years for manslaughter. That it was a drug warrant and MJ plants were recovered didn't help his case much but I believe he thought it was a break-in. The police informant had broken into his garage two days before to get the evidence for the LEOs.
    There was a similar case in FL many years back, except the jury found the home owner not guilty. No-knock approach scares people. They have been known to go in the wrong house.

Glad the gent is OK that is for sure. But I am not sure I would be shooting through the door....Not sure, not sure at all.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Only have one round in it?

Glad things worked out for the old guy--this time. But it definately violates the rule "BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET"! I wouldn't EVER take a shot thru a door unless I had visual confirmation of what was on the other side.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    If someone is kicking in my door, they have made themselves a target. I don't do anything that would give the police any cause to kick in my door, but that doesn't mean that they couldn't make a mistake and kick my door in anyway.

Of course, identifying themselves as LEOs would get me to hold my fire until I verified that they were in fact LEOs. But, without any communication other than my door being broken down, it's definitely time for 'shoot first'.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Bandrich and JDE are not sure they could fire thru the door. RevolvingMag says it all. You are trying to kick MY door in at MY house--if that is not a presumption of an imminent threat what in the world are you waiting for? At least in SC, I have the Code of Law on my side. I do find it a bit suspect if the quick entry by police, as depicted on cop shows, is for real. I understand that you want to catch the BGs with the drugs etal, but the timing is such that, as far as I am concerned, the police have the ultimate responsibility to ID the correct house and, if wrong , they should be held responsible for their actions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links