9 months cc, how things have changed

This is a discussion on 9 months cc, how things have changed within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After 9 months of cc every day except for 2 which I knew I would be drinking, alot has changed from what i believed at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 9 months cc, how things have changed

After 9 months of cc every day except for 2 which I knew I would be drinking, alot has changed from what i believed at the beginning. The small LCP which I had to have because you could see my Glock 26 way too much, has since been sold and my G26 (with grip extensions) now is my EDC. All of the button ups that I bought are nicely hung in the closet and the t-shirsts have been brought back from the grave. I have not been made once in the nine months and all of the time and effort trying to hide the smallest gun possible should of been spent at the range. Ive even purchased a Glock 19 and plan to add it to the options for carry. Did I mention that the 3 $80.00 holsters are now in the closet and the 30.00 highnoon holster is my daily rig. Thats alot of ammo I should have bought. Needless to say, I had to discover these things for myself and Im glad that I did. Now if I could just find a ccdw badge that I like I would be set. (just kidding about the badge)
    Diddle, Vtxdpm, macg19 and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    After 9 months of cc every day except for 2 which I knew I would be drinking, alot has changed from what i believed at the beginning. The small LCP which I had to have because you could see my Glock 26 way too much, has since been sold and my G26 (with grip extensions) now is my EDC. All of the button ups that I bought are nicely hung in the closet and the t-shirsts have been brought back from the grave. I have not been made once in the nine months and all of the time and effort trying to hide the smallest gun possible should of been spent at the range. Ive even purchased a Glock 19 and plan to add it to the options for carry. Did I mention that the 3 $80.00 holsters are now in the closet and the 30.00 highnoon holster is my daily rig. Thats alot of ammo I should have bought. Needless to say, I had to discover these things for myself and Im glad that I did. Now if I could just find a ccdw badge that I like I would be set. (just kidding about the badge)
    Welcome to the world of Concealed carry..... Just think how many you'll have after twenty + years.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Kind of like pregnancy followed by childbirth. Some things just naturally follow. Congratulations.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

And regardless of what the Brady Bunch anti's may insist, in those 9 months of your CC, no children have been traumatized and no kittens have been harmed.
    Vtxdpm likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjblat View Post
    Nice post. And yes, I have been there too.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Good post! Its a personal learning post, but also can shed info for the "youngsters". Thanks
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Forty two years of concealed carry. My how things have changed!

How many boxes of holsters and other gear do you have, that for some reason just didn't work out as you had hoped? I have 3 banker's boxes.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

It really does amaze me how much people really could care less what I am doing. Most of the public wont even look people in the eye much less their waist to see the "buldge". I was so worried at first I probably looked guilty of a crime. I still think about it sometimes but I am not worried.

You mean in 9 months your gun didn't just "go off by itself"? I've been carrying for about 44 years and mine never went bang until I wanted it to.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well, the best I can say is, "at least I don't have as many holsters as my wife has pairs of shoes or purses"...
    .45acpguy, DocPMD and nerdyvirgin like this.

Great post. I have been carrying ONLY for six weeks. I have a s&w revolver (model 638), springfield xdm compact 9mm, m&p .45, springfield 1911, bodygaurd 380, and NOW looking at the GLOCK 26 gen4
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Men collect holsters like women collect shoes!
    adric22 likes this.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rgbiker View Post
    And regardless of what the Brady Bunch anti's may insist, in those 9 months of your CC, no children have been traumatized and no kittens have been harmed.
    However, I'm willing to bet that a couple of innocent cattle were harmed during the making of one or two of those 80 dollar rigs.
    pfries likes this.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

About those holsters that you don't seem to need.......

im still in the smallest gun phase carrying my lcp. ive been thinking about trading in my P95 in for an lc9 to start cc'ing. in fl im in tshirt and shorts everyday at work so big guns are harder to conceal but im slowly carryng less about a bulge
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links