I feel horrible

This is a discussion on I feel horrible within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by M203Sniper That makes perfect sense; Let me go over to California and stop all the blacks and liberal women from voting because ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: I feel horrible

Quote Originally Posted by M203Sniper View Post
    That makes perfect sense;

Let me go over to California and stop all the blacks and liberal women from voting because I disagree with them. No law against that right. Just a limitation on the government.

Your argument about trespassing has nothing to do with a lawful activity. Carrying concealed is not an element of the trespass law. Just because YOU disagree with what I've said doesn't mean you get to violate my constitutional rights. That's why I carry a gun in the first place - because of dangerous men confusing what they want with what they can do.
    Really?????
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

2. Remove Ads

Originally Posted by mlr1m
    The Constitution was only meant to protect you from the Government. I do not know where the idea that the Constitution was meant to impose limitations on individuals came from.

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by M203Sniper View Post
    That concept is so outrageous it is as bad as a lie.

The government can't stop me from exercising my right to vote but two guys standing outside the polling place can charge me a "tax" because of my affiliation or appearance?

:SNIP:
    Outrageous, a lie? How so?
    Did the founders of this nation not create a Constitution listing the powers of the new Federal Government? Wasn't the intent of this document to limit the Government to the powers granted to it in this document and nothing more? It listed the powers granted to the government. Nothing more.
    The individual is limited by laws written by our elected government. Not by the Constitution which was only meant to apply to the government.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Outrageous, a lie? How so?
    Did the founders of this nation not create a Constitution listing the powers of the new Federal Government? Wasn't the intent of this document to limit the Government to the powers granted to it in this document and nothing more? It listed the powers granted to the government. Nothing more.
    The individual is limited by laws written by our elected government. Not by the Constitution which was only meant to apply to the government.

Michael
    How can you say that a person is limited by an elected governments laws but not see that there are limitations on the actions you may take against another person.

This isn't a hard concept.
    "Words can be as lethal as bullets; Choose them carefully, Aim them well & Use them sparingly."

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Are you making this stuff up as you go or do you really believe what you are saying. Like I have said before...don't try to explain it, just say this"I don't like and I will do what I want because I want to".
    As far as the founding fathers, they wanted a lot of things. We tend to forget the ones that were screwed up and remember the ones we like (right to bear arms). Ever read what the founding fathers thought of slavery, womans rights, homeowner rights. For every good quote that I agree with the founding fathers I can find one on how they were dead wrong on issues.
    If you still don't know the definition of a public accommodation you can try Google.
    "Words can be as lethal as bullets; Choose them carefully, Aim them well & Use them sparingly."

Administrator
    Yeah.... I think this one is done. The solar flares must really be cooking things up. I'm going to go cinch up my foil hat and pass out jr. high civics text books to strangers on the street now.
    jerp, atctimmy and Mograthi like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links