i think im going to carry at work.. wwyd?

This is a discussion on i think im going to carry at work.. wwyd? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok so on the main concealed forum i posted that i felt bad for kicking a guy out of the company building i work for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: i think im going to carry at work.. wwyd?

i think im going to carry at work.. wwyd?

Ok so on the main concealed forum i posted that i felt bad for kicking a guy out of the company building i work for (security guard). I caught a glimpse of his weapon and the building is posted. I confronted him and said the weapon had to be removed from the building. He complied and returned without it. Now i am an unarmed security officer, and i got to thinking about that. What would have happemed if he was some nut job, or a guy just having a bad day? And when confronted pulls his gun? FREEZE! i have no cover in the huge lobby, and no defense.... i think im going to risk my job and company policy, and carry should that situation every arise. But what would u do?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    jerp
    go with the CANT program.

Ok im sorry idk how this got posted here, i was in the scenario forum, clicked post, phone freaked and i did see it. I just found it MY BAD!
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    How bad do you need that job?
    Spec likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I would change jobs rather than break the rules/laws if it bothered me that much. IMO, CCW holders who PURPOSEFULLY carry into forbidden buildings, businesses or locations simply reinforce the anti-CCW crowds point of view and agenda. Please don't misunderstand, not passing judgement on anybody, just my opinion.
    yooperdug, MadMac, JDE101 and 4 others like this.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Being retired for a few years now I've become somewhat board, especially during the winter. Not much to do because of the weather. I know, I can get a part time job at the local smash & grab gas and snack store, and make some extra 1911 buying money to boot. Long story short. They have an employee no gun policy. Before the interview began that was my first question. We didn't get to the interview before I thanked him for the opportunity and departed. So it won't be Dearly Departed there anyway. The employer has the right to expect there policies will be followed. Just MHO.

Not a good idea in Milwaukee. A woman in Milwaukee, who is also a member here, was arrested for carrying concealed. She didn't have a permit yet, but also claims she was open carrying, her words against the police officers. Either way, its a misdemeanor if she is convicted. She had to fight to be able just to keep her guns, but per judges orders, she is not allowed to transport them anywhere. Although this isn't exactly the same situation, the outcome could be very similar. Not worth it in my opinion. If you are okay risking your job and charges being brought up against you, you may as well just find a new job where it's not an issue.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Administrator
    If you are working as a security guard, and you are armed, you must be certified to do so. It is so in every state that I know of. Not only would you be breaking company rules, you would be breaking state law. Being that you state is the newest CCW state, I'm not sure I'd want to be the schlep that tests those waters.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ok so on the main concealed forum i posted that i felt bad for kicking a guy out of the company building i work for (security guard). I caught a glimpse of his weapon and the building is posted. I confronted him and said the weapon had to be removed from the building. He complied and returned without it. Now i am an unarmed security officer, and i got to thinking about that. What would have happemed if he was some nut job, or a guy just having a bad day? And when confronted pulls his gun? FREEZE! i have no cover in the huge lobby, and no defense.... i think im going to risk my job and company policy, and carry should that situation every arise. But what would u do?

YOU kick a guy out for carrying a gun because it's against policy....but now YOU'RE going to carry ? Wow!
    And you know I could have me a million more friends, and all I'd have to lose is my point of view. -- John Prine (A Good Time)

Wait a minute. You told someone else they can't carry at the job because the building is posted, but now you are thinking about carrying in the same building that is posted.

Ever hear the word "HYPOCRISY", might want to look it up.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    You say the building is posted. My understanding is that in WI signs do carry the weight of law. Your job aside, is it worth the chance of losing your permit, and possibly the right to own a gun, if caught?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    jerp
    Absolutely the Wrong answer here in Wisconsin. Our Law Signs carry the weight of the Law.
    upnorth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    jerp
    I am honestly wondering how long we will even be able to keep this privelige in Wisconsin at this rate? maybe a year before the law is repealed due to people ignoring the friggin laws.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    CANT is one thing, but in this scenario you'd be risking your job, employer recommendation, ownership of firearms, and prosecution by law. Don't do it. Not worth it and stupid to even think about it when you fired an employee for the same thing.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

In order to carry a firearm as a Security Guard in Wisconsin, you must obtain a certification from the Department of Regulation & Licensing. This requires the successful completion of the State's 32 hour training course. This is required by RL 34.02 Wisconsin Administrative Code. Do not carry a firearm as a Security Guard without the Certificate of Proficiency issued by the State. Not only will you lose your job, you may also go to jail!!
    JerryMac likes this.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links