Defensive Carry banner

Naked in New York City

2K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  apvbguy 
#1 ·
Ever since I received my Texas CHL, I've carried all day, every day. I'm with my wife and daughter in Manhattan, and I left my Glock 30 at home. I also left my Leatherman at home since we were only taking carry-ons.

I feel NEKKID!

Will be back in Dallas tonight and fully dressed again.

It's ridiculous that states do not recognize other states' permits.

#3 ·
NEKKID

your ability to think, observe and formulate plans is your greatest asset

gun is just a tool
granted, its a tool id rather have with me. though good training will allow for you to
adjust and incorporate other items as tools.

--in 15 seconds or less i can twist apart a metal soda can and pull from it a strip of metal,
wrap one end of it with my handkerchief and have a 'tool' that slices nicely.

oddly, on a plane they will hand this can to you with a smile...

#10 ·
I would 'feel' more comfortable with the Police presence in NYC than anywhere in NJ.
I've spent about a week in Manhattan, spread out over several weekends, in the last six months. I specifically remember the first time I spent a few days in Greenwich Village and I don't recall seeing a single police officer, and I was out at all hours of the night.

It was a good time.

#5 ·
Never fear; you're got Bloomberg and NY's finest covering your back.

#6 ·
You mean you didn't take your gun and ask where to check it in?? That seems to be the thing to do in NYC lately.

Get home, get armed and forget about NYC.

#8 ·
Bentcursor, you said, "It's ridiculous that states do not recognize other states' permits." Well, this crazy state can't figure out what it is doing county to county and in a few cases town to town. In a couple NYS forums the confusion is evident in continuing discussions about what can you carry and where within the state. There is no consistency and honestly it makes some of us a bit nervous. Even with the best intentions a person carrying can unwittingly run into trouble.

#11 ·
For what it's worth...
I have a friend who's a NYC cop stationed in the Bronx.
He said that all of the cops (his station? borough?) were pulled off the streets for a couple of hours following the ringing in of the New Year (2012).
The reason...there was so much celebratory shooting! (into the air???)

#16 ·
If you HAVE TO go to NYC then NEKKID! is the
only way ,,,,, I have done it many times ,,,,, but
NO MORE ,,,, stay out of NY.

#18 ·
My daughter was accepted to NYU

I didn't accept that. I told her that NYC was a place for women of ill repute and rats, and she wasn't either. I also told her if she went I would not contribute anything to her education and that I would not visit her. She cried, got mad and now attends a State college 30 minutes away. I do not regret being tough on her. If I never set foot in NYC or Boston or any other big city I can die a happy man.

#21 ·
I didn't accept that. I told her that NYC was a place for women of ill repute and rats, and she wasn't either. I also told her if she went I would not contribute anything to her education and that I would not visit her. She cried, got mad and now attends a State college 30 minutes away. I do not regret being tough on her. If I never set foot in NYC or Boston or any other big city I can die a happy man.
too bad your prejudices stopped your daughter from getting a high quality education, shame on you!

Reactions: bklynboy
#20 ·
I've been in NYC twice in my life. Once when my dad was stationed there in WWII before shipping overseas (I was 2 or 3 years old) and once when I was in graduate school and went there for an American Political Science convention. The first time, I don't remember a whole lot, because I was so young. The second time I do--and I hated the city and couldn't wait for the week to end and to get out of the city so I could breath something other than pollution and see green grass and trees again! That was back in 1969. I haven't been back nor have I had any desire to go back! In fact, I wouldn't set foot in NYC if someone offered to pay me to go! They call NYC "The Big Apple". I call it "The Big" something that starts with an "A" and ends with an "E", but it ain't "Apple".:image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.