moving to AR. any personal experiences?

This is a discussion on moving to AR. any personal experiences? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok i did a search, and didnt find a thread looking along the lines i wanna hear. And yes i googled the state laws. I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jerp

Thread: moving to AR. any personal experiences?

Cool moving to AR. any personal experiences?

Ok i did a search, and didnt find a thread looking along the lines i wanna hear. And yes i googled the state laws. I used to live there and my late father had a CCP there. What id like to hear is personal experiences with carrying, what you would have changed? For example, i have a WI CCP, as a resident. Arkansas honors WI, now moving to become a resident, anybody have to switch licenses? How?what would u have done differently? Did you just keep your original states til it expired? What about run ins with LEO's? What did you do? Would've done different? What about buildings/places/events while carrying there?

If a thred has been posted my apologies....

Thanks
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

2. Remove Ads

So!,you boys are from Arkansas huh,well I've been through there,Little Rock's a fine town!

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Ok i did a search, and didnt find a thread looking along the lines i wanna hear. And yes i googled the state laws. I used to live there and my late father had a CCP there. What id like to hear is personal experiences with carrying, what you would have changed? For example, i have a WI CCP, as a resident. Arkansas honors WI, now moving to become a resident, anybody have to switch licenses? How?what would u have done differently? Did you just keep your original states til it expired? What about run ins with LEO's? What did you do? Would've done different? What about buildings/places/events while carrying there?

If a thred has been posted my apologies....

Thanks
    Will your WI permit still be valid once you become a resident of AR??? Wisconsin does not offer a non-resident permit so your permit may no longer be valid once you claim AR as your residence or are you "grandfathered" in until your WI permit expires? You may have to get an AR permit once you become a resident. You should get clarification on this. I am not sure what the laws are regarding this. Looking at reciprocity maps you should get the AR permit just to be safe and it is honored in every state that is friendly to CCW. Nice permit to have!!!

Ok so looking into it, i can transfer my WI ccp into an AR ccp. For $80.00. And have to allow 120 days. However if the person is applying for a permit, they have 30days to get out the ccp, shall issue state. Anybody else see the issue here? Should i go with the transfer or pay the $145, go through another class (which i wouldnt mind the class, but thats a different topic)?

Suggestions? Answers on the 90 days difference?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Jerp, I am in the same boat except my wife and I are moving back to Arizona due to a great job offer. No decent jobs in rural wisconsin. what makes you leave this fine state (frozen tundra)?
    I hope as soon as I get settled with a permanant address I can simply submit a copy of my WI permit along with fingerprint cards, and application and money and will be good to go, I hope!!! maybe you will be able to do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    Jerp, I am in the same boat except my wife and I are moving back to Arizona due to a great job offer. No decent jobs in rural wisconsin. what makes you leave this fine state (frozen tundra)?
    I hope as soon as I get settled with a permanant address I can simply submit a copy of my WI permit along with fingerprint cards, and application and money and will be good to go, I hope!!! maybe you will be able to do the same?
    Well a couple of things. Job, im in a dead end one, and being from arkansas, time to go home. I came up here after my dad died for school. One thing led to another and i lost financial support for an EXPENSIVE college. Then found a place to live and a job. Its time i go back home go back to school, and pick things up there. Plus i do like winter, gonna miss it, but it is getting rediculous, and old. Plus with an AR CCP, i get 40 out of the 49 states that offer ccw. I love reciprocity. Lol
    upnorth likes this.

Whoops! Wrong thread

By the title, I thought maybe you were moving to the AR platform, my bad

Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Welcome home. Sorry I can't answer your question but you can contact the Arkansas State Police, Regulatory Services (Concealed Carry License division) at 501-618-8000. The ASP is the regulating agency for the concealed carry license.

Links