Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't care if a business or other entity wants to ban guns on their private property. What bothers me is that people honestly believe ...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    I don't care if a business or other entity wants to ban guns on their private property. What bothers me is that people honestly believe that banning people with legit CC permits from entering their property is going to make them safer. They truly believe that those little signs on the door has some magic power to stop a criminal from entering and shooting up the place.

When I first moved to Fort Bragg / Fayetteville NC I went to the local mall where I noticed a big ole gun buster sign. Knowing they had the power of the law I secured my weapon and made my way to the costumer service counter to ask the manager about the sign. When I got there I asked the lady about why they have the sign posted. She stated that there has been a lot of violence using guns in and around the mall in recent years so they put the signs up to ban them. I told her that they would not stop a criminal from packing in the mall and I that there are probably 30 + guns being carried by people who are not legally able to own them. She said that it was their policy to ban guns and that it keeps the guns out. I then asked her that since they posted those signs if the gun violence went down any. She said no that it is still bad as ever. She was 100% convinced that having that sign up would stop the gun violence but has yet to do so.
    babyhulk and accessbob like this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Concealed means concealed.
    killingjoke likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Rogers View Post
    Concealed means concealed.
    I'm not 100% sure that the worst won't happen, and somehow my clothing gets snagged, or some kid lifts my shirt, any one of 1,000,000 things that could blow my cover. I'm not willing to be a felon (NM laws), for carrying where I shouldn't be. I'll bring my business elsewhere, or comply with the rules.
    Inspector71 and MadMac like this.

As have i also sent an email to their corporate offices stating that:
    1.) Have never been convicted of a felony
    2.)Have passed state and federal backround checks
    3.) Have been trained within state regulations and through the military
    4.) Have never used illegal drugs
    5.) Have never been convicted of a crime of violence

I then asked, " how much do you know about your other customers?".
    Then stated that i will no longer be one of their customers, unless the policy should ever changed.
    Recommended that it be changed to, " No unlicensed concealed carry/weapons"

Wished them a good day, and said good bye.

Now, some if you may say "see this is making it a big issue". I was merely explaining about myself. I asked an honest question, stated they lost a consumer, and said good day. A big deal is trying to sue Mcdonalds because i dumped a cup of hot coffee on my lap, for example. IMHO
    Last edited by jerp; January 19th, 2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: corrections
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    Something I have never figured out... Businesses put signs up saying that concealed carry isn't allowed, yet by the very nature of concealed carry, they have no way of knowing whether someone is carrying or not. The logic eludes me.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    I'm not 100% sure that the worst won't happen, and somehow my clothing gets snagged, or some kid lifts my shirt, any one of 1,000,000 things that could blow my cover. I'm not willing to be a felon (NM laws), for carrying where I shouldn't be. I'll bring my business elsewhere, or comply with the rules.
    I agree. I carry everywhere I can "LEGALLY" carry. I normally avoid those places as much as I can, however if the sign doesn't carry the weight of law and needed I'll be discrete and go in. in the 11 years I've been carrying I've only done it once.

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echo6tango View Post
    This may be old news to many of you, but I wanted to share this communication regarding Buffalo Wild Wings' corporate policy prohibiting legal concealed carry within their establishments.

Me to them via website (http://listening.buffalowildwings.com/contact.php):

Their response:

I urge everyone here to carefully reconsider spending another dime at BWW's.

Brother I've been boycotting these jackwagons for a year now due to this situation. I also had to add another fave of mine, Outback Steakhouse, to my list.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    Brother I've been boycotting these jackwagons for a year now due to this situation. I also had to add another fave of mine, Outback Steakhouse, to my list.
    Outback? Thanks for telling me before I got my wife's hopes up about eating there.

I'm still waiting on a response back from Applebee's about the sign in their window, but my guess is it will be about the same as BWW's.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Personally, I appreciate the heads up. I would prefer to know before I arrive at an establishment such as this. This way I don't even attempt to darken their door.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Go to Hooters instead?

VIP Member
    I respect their right to post their restaurants. In my case they're not losing any money, or a customer. I've been to a BWW once, with a friend from work. Food was overpriced, poor quality and service sucked.
    varob and babyhulk like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I respect their right to post their restaurants. In my case they're not losing any money, or a customer. I've been to a BWW once, with a friend from work. Food was overpriced, poor quality and service sucked.
    I, too have eaten at BWW exactly once, and my reluctance to return has much more to do with the reasons you cited than with CPZ signs.

There is a new BWW that opened up last monday in my area. The wife is chompin at the bit to go. I'll give it a couple of weeks to slow down then we'll go. If I see a sign then that will be the first and last time.
    The Dragon has time and experience. Maturity has given him knowledge, strength, skill, wisdom and inner peace.
    Glock 26 Certified Glock Armorer
    Mossberg 590 12 ga.

I could not find a no gun sign the last 2 times I was at the one in New Berlin, and I wasn't going to bring it up to them.

In 20+ years of carry permits in Florida, the only signs I have seen are at the Hospitals and some Dr offices.
    There are some at manufacturing facilities, especially those which are Gov't subcontractors or contractors.

However, haven't seen any at restaurants (so far).

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links