Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Colonel78 Thank you also where can look to get that info please. i googled " wisconsin concealed carry liability", you can also ...

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel78 View Post
    Thank you also where can look to get that info please.
    i googled " wisconsin concealed carry liability", you can also google the wisconsin DOJ, click the concealed carry, then click FAQ, and it will give you all the info about ACT 35
    Colonel78 likes this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I don't care if a business or other entity wants to ban guns on their private property. What bothers me is that people honestly believe that banning people with legit CC permits from entering their property is going to make them safer. They truly believe that those little signs on the door has some magic power to stop a criminal from entering and shooting up the place.

When I first moved to Fort Bragg / Fayetteville NC I went to the local mall where I noticed a big ole gun buster sign. Knowing they had the power of the law I secured my weapon and made my way to the costumer service counter to ask the manager about the sign. When I got there I asked the lady about why they have the sign posted. She stated that there has been a lot of violence using guns in and around the mall in recent years so they put the signs up to ban them. I told her that they would not stop a criminal from packing in the mall and I that there are probably 30 + guns being carried by people who are not legally able to own them. She said that it was their policy to ban guns and that it keeps the guns out. I then asked her that since they posted those signs if the gun violence went down any. She said no that it is still bad as ever. She was 100% convinced that having that sign up would stop the gun violence but has yet to do so.
    I'm sure, if she waits long enough, the sign will have the desired effect... surely, it will... won't it? I mean, you know after all the gun totin' criminals get their edumication and GEDs in the joint, they'll be seeing and reading all those gun buster signs... And of course, realizing that sooo many places are posted, they will turn over a new leaf... and become constructive members of society... Because they won't be able to use their gunzes no more...
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    i googled " wisconsin concealed carry liability", you can also google the wisconsin DOJ, click the concealed carry, then click FAQ, and it will give you all the info about ACT 35
    ok thanks I got it act 35 and congrats if you already got your permit I got mine lets keep it going strong in wisconsin

Thanks for the heads up. I won't patronize their establishment. Sorry to see it has the name Buffalo attached to it...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel78 View Post
    ok thanks I got it act 35 and congrats if you already got your permit I got mine lets keep it going strong in wisconsin
    It literally took forever because they screwed up printing my address, i have recieved it. have been carrying for two weeks now. only ran into 2 places that don't allow it. they lost my business, and i made sure they knew it too. ( polite and proper) but it was awkward at first now, its just like walking around with my wallet on me. i agree and lets keep it going good
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    Because some "guests" feel better seeing a sign prohibiting concealed handguns. They believe it will make the place a true gun free zone and that the crooks will see the sign and go home. So they "feel" safer knowing the sign is out there. Its insane, but I've talked to people who truly believe this. It is very fortunate that people who are that naive are also dumb enough to think the signs about "unlicensed carry prohibited" also means the same thing. So that will usually please everyone.
    Actually I have heard from some antis (from 7-11) something along the lines of:

We don't allow guns here, it is safer that way.
    (I asked OK, what about crooks with guns?)
    If no one opposes him, he just gets the money and goes.
    (So what if he kills you anyway, are you good with that?)

Then i got the usual head in the sand stuff.

The problem I have with their approach, even if it goes the way they think, what they are doing is ENCOURAGING crime!
    They will be back, again and again!
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Pretty basic...no guns, no money!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wouldn't it be nice to see this sign posted more often?

ProCCWlawful.jpg
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

So what i'm supposed to throw a chicken wing at the crazy comin in with a gun? I was wanting to try their chicken wings but as others have said they can forget it now. I like the Wing Stop they dont have such an irrational and unresonable policy,they respect the rights of people to defend themselves while hoeing into a huge basket of crispy bbq chicken wings.. One thing i have yet to figure out is how i can safley draw my firearm when up to my elbows in chicken wings..I will let yall know if i find a solution..

Last time I checked, BWW did not employ metal detectors, which means patrons could go into the restaurant carrying all sorts of ordinance. We went by there a couple days ago and spotted a lot of deadly weaponry inside, including heavy beer mugs, flatware, bottles of catsup. So I figure they're not serious about firearms.
    jerp likes this.

When I am talking to a business owner I also add that they are not only liable if I am hurt or killed in their business but also on the walk to and from my car. In the case of some places if you park on the street it may be several blocks, and parking lots are usually less than safe at night. This is the current interpretation of the new WI law, of course it has not gone to trial yet so the only interpretation that matters has yet to be given.

Quote Originally Posted by dwebs262 View Post
    That is odd, I have been in the BWW in Oshkosh several times and I have never noticed a sign. What city was this in? In fact it was the first place I went to eat while carrying and I
    freaked for a minute because I forgot to look for a sign and had to go back outside and check for it. In fact the only 2 places I have come across that have a sign banning weapons is Politos Pizza, and Bergstrom car dealerships.
    I did notice a tiny no weapons sign [not legal] at Fox River Mall posted on the 2 outer most doors in a row of 6, which made me wonder if I buy a gun at Scheels do I get arrested before I leave the store or do they wait until I walk into the mall?
    It was Pewaukee.
    dwebs262 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I respect their right to post their restaurants. In my case they're not losing any money, or a customer. I've been to a BWW once, with a friend from work. Food was overpriced, poor quality and service sucked.
    I totally agree. I rather spend my money at a locally owned business.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by pdpdiamonds View Post
    Good little bit of knowledge, I will no longer be going to their establishment (not that the horrible food and slow service at the one here helped) =) HOOTERS!
    I was at a Hooters in Dallas, Texas and they had a "No guns allowed" sign on their window! However, it was not a "30,1" Sign so not official. Surprised me being Texas and all!!
    NRA Member
    Ruger LC9
    Taurus PT92 AF
    Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (2)
    If you are going to shoot at Mimes, should you use a silencer?? ( Steven Wright)

Their food is not that good, their prices aren't that good and their cooks are slow. I never liked that place

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links