Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry

This is a discussion on Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This may be old news to many of you, but I wanted to share this communication regarding Buffalo Wild Wings' corporate policy prohibiting legal concealed ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Buffalo Wild Wings = anti concealed carry

This may be old news to many of you, but I wanted to share this communication regarding Buffalo Wild Wings' corporate policy prohibiting legal concealed carry within their establishments.

Me to them via website (http://listening.buffalowildwings.com/contact.php):
    My family has been a regular customer (at least once a week) of this BWW's for almost two years. I was saddened to see a sign in the window prohibiting those who choose to lawfully carry a firearm from doing so.

The right to life and self-defense is the most basic of rights, and I find it despicable that BWW's would, by policy, prohibit someone from exercising that right.

Due to this policy, we will no longer be frequenting this BWW's nor any other.
    Their response:
    Buffalo Wild Wings respects the right of individuals to carry firearms but we do not believe they are appropriate inside of a public restaurant. We are focused on the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of our guests and have elected to exercise our right to restrict the carrying of firearms in our restaurants. We regret any inconvenience this may cause but believe that this policy is in the best interest of all of our guests and our Team Members.
    I urge everyone here to carefully reconsider spending another dime at BWW's.

Its well within there right to do this. I do not want to tell them they cant. Wouldnt be right..
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

It is beyond me as to how the corporate officers can say that a concealed handgun...CONCEALED mind you...will affect the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of their guests. That is a crock...
    I have never been to a BWW but always wanted to. I won't now!
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

USAF 1986 - 1995
    Glock 23 2008 - Present

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Its well within there right to do this. I do not want to tell them they cant. Wouldnt be right..
    Yes it is their right, as it is mine to inform them they lost a customer and why. Nuff said
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Well said, and exactly my stance!
    Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    Yes it is their right, as it is mine to inform them they lost a customer and why. Nuff said
    Redline likes this.

Who cares? The food is garbage anyway, so I see no point in going.

To be clear, he never told them that BWW CAN'T exercise their right, but rather making them aware that he will now choose not to patronize their establishment due to their choice. That is right in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbilly32 View Post
    It is beyond me as to how the corporate officers can say that a concealed handgun...CONCEALED mind you...will affect the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all of their guests. That is a crock...
    Because some "guests" feel better seeing a sign prohibiting concealed handguns. They believe it will make the place a true gun free zone and that the crooks will see the sign and go home. So they "feel" safer knowing the sign is out there. Its insane, but I've talked to people who truly believe this. It is very fortunate that people who are that naive are also dumb enough to think the signs about "unlicensed carry prohibited" also means the same thing. So that will usually please everyone.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Ouch... double whammy. :-)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Porp View Post
    To be clear, he never told them that BWW CAN'T exercise their right, but rather making them aware that he will now choose not to patronize their establishment due to their choice. That is right in my book.
    I guess that is good for the OP...I fail to see the big deal here..Its a place to eat. Find another..

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Consider it done,,,,, I will NOT support them with my money,,,,
    I will notify them also.

anyone can contact them here:
    http://listening.buffalowildwings.com/contact.php#

No one said anything about it being a big deal. I certainly didn't.

I wanted to share with everyone what I feel is an anti concealed carry establishment. If you want to put money in the hands of a company that doesn't trust you, a company that doesn't believe in your right to concealed carry, you're obviously free to do so.

I choose not to.

I guess that is good for the OP...I fail to see the big deal here..Its a place to eat. Find another..
    SGT and MleeC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by echo6tango View Post
    No one said anything about it being a big deal. I certainly didn't.

I wanted to share with everyone what I feel is an anti concealed carry establishment. If you want to put money in the hands of a company that doesn't trust you, a company that doesn't believe in your right to concealed carry, you're obviously free to do so.

I choose not to.
    I fully understand your right to carry a concealed firearm. It is there RIGHT, to say you cant carry it in there business. You also have the right to do what you are doing. You are not hurting there feelings at all. BWW doesnt give a crap.
    MadMac likes this.

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    NC law doesn't allow me to going into BWW anyway armed. I did go into one during new years in FL and didn't notice a sign.

This I agree with, and that is just what the OP did. He was simply bringing this to the attention of other CC'ers that may be used to carrying in BWW. If all of us were as vocal as the OP ( I admit I am not, but should be), maybe then businesses would see how much business they do lose due to irrational rules. I ran into a similar situation, and fully intended on contacting the owners via email (not a fan of making a scene in public, or announcing that I have a permit in public), and never got around to it. I applaud the OP for actually speaking his mind in a professional manner.
    M203Sniper, RemMod597 and Flasher like this.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links