Galco King Tuk

This is a discussion on Galco King Tuk within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been searching for just the right CC holster for quite a while. While I've found a few that had certain qualities I liked, they ...

Thread: Galco King Tuk

Galco King Tuk

I've been searching for just the right CC holster for quite a while. While I've found a few that had certain qualities I liked, they were always an 'until I find something better' kind of purchase. My most recent is a Galco KingTuk for a glock.

I like everything about it except for one thing. It holds the gun so darn tight I can barely draw it.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Does it loosen up a bit over time as it 'conforms' to my body and to the weapon? Its a leather backing with plastic (kydex?) molded holster.

2. Remove Ads

You can manipulate the kydex after heating it with a blow dryer.

Or, put the gun in a thin dress sock, and jam it into the holster. Let sit overnight and try it out. If its still too tight, rinse and repeat. The hair dryer works well too.

Sent using Tapatalk

Mine was snug with my XD9 but after breaking it in by wearing it around the house a few days it loosened up. The leather will stretch and conform slightly after the "memory" of your gun is worn into it.

Links