Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person

This is a discussion on Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, here we go, I thought it would take longer for this to happen. Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person

Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person

Well, here we go, I thought it would take longer for this to happen.

Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person | The Oshkosh Northwestern | thenorthwestern.com

I was told it may have been over some damage to his vehicle, either way putting a gun to someone's head kind of makes it less likely you were defending yourself, and more likely you were trying to teach someone a lesson

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Wow ......... with that scathing amount of information from such a credible source there can only be one verdict. ... but I can't tell you what it is.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Oh, great. This genius had a concealed carry permit, and decided to yank out his Roscoe and point it at a guy who put a scratch on his car in the middle of the night. I'll also bet a flatter alcohol was involved given the hour.

Just what the Repeal This Law crowd wants to hear. After the DA is through with him, I'd like a "shot" at him. ...and I mean that euphemistically.
    Last edited by MadMac; January 20th, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

Let me make a guess, this guy was a complete arse way before he got his permit, but being such does not keep one from getting a permit.
    I'll take another wild guess and say he won't have his permit very much longer.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Darwinism in motion. It all works out.

For what to happen exactly? For people do do something stupid? Thats been going on for a long time. Nothing new here.

Michael

All what you guys say is true but the anti-gun sentiment here in Wisconsin is wide spread. This will fuel the fire and the anti gun media will take every opportunity to capitalize on it.

But as general rule for anyone; if you pull that gun you will be arrested and likely charged.

Say nothing, I mean nothing until you have your attorney present, nothing at all and above all make darn sure you are within your lawful right to pull that weapon.

If you do not know that the above statements mean, then go get the training so you do.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I do not know about the wilds of Wisconsin but I do know that the environs of the University of Wisconsin is an asylum ruled by its inmates. The firearm brandisher and any brandishing wannabes should realize that the day may come when they themselves will be shot and killed and guess what--it is a righteous and legal shooting by a person who presumed he was in imminent threat of his life by the brandisher. No different than the BG who approaches with gun in hand.

JD
    Administrator
    A spokesman for the Oshkosh Police Department said officers were dispatched about 1:42 a.m. after receiving a call that a man put the loaded pistol to the head of another person who had fallen against the man’s vehicle. No shots were fired.
    Wisconsin, 1am, falling down = hanging out at a bar.

I would not at all be surprised if alcohol was a factor...

Well the article does have one fact correct! He "had" a permit, as in past tense!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by dwebs262 View Post

Man arrested in Oshkosh after pointing loaded pistol at another person | The Oshkosh Northwestern | thenorthwestern.com

I was told it may have been over some damage to his vehicle, either way putting a gun to someone's head kind of makes it less likely you were defending yourself, and more likely you were trying to teach someone a lesson
    The first test case for the anti-gun nuts,I hope this guy was drunk and they put him away. I only want to know two things,

#1 what kind of,or lack of training did he have?
    #2 do any of you think this azzhole will hurt our cause?

Need a lot more information before we should make any judgements. Do you think the LEO (or the reporter) might have given incorrect information about the CCW? I keep hearing there are a lot of anti's in Wi., its something to think about and watch to see how this is handled.

Senior Moderator
    Oh no.... my EXTREMELY anti carry family lives near Oshkosh. My Facebook is going to explode with, "I told you so!"

And i bid farewell wisconsin, hello ar. I didnt wanna say it. But a couple people i know here who have ccp's have already told me stories. They are idiots and brandished themselves. When i asked what their trainning was it was "Hunters Safety". So after a quick lesson i hope they stop and learn from this d-bag. Good bye WI hello Natural State!
    upnorth likes this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    Police said the man arrested had a concealed carry weapon permit.
    Key word here is HAD. Him and Bubba will probably have many late night discussions on where he went wrong.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links