Another one for the good guys

This is a discussion on Another one for the good guys within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And justice is served........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Another one for the good guys

And justice is served.....
    Glock 22, Glock 23, S&W SW40VE, S&W SD9VE, Kahr CM9, Del Ton Echo 316 AR15.

2. Remove Ads

Smiling.

Good Shoot, This guy kept his cool did everything right.

G36. Accurate and reliable.

Unfortunately the dude's out $600 because he'll have to buy another - the cops will never give it back.........

The bad guy pointed his gun at the good guy. At that instant, he threw his own life away. I'm happy the right guy is dead. It could just as easily been the other way around. And who knows how many more the thugs would have killed before they were finished? I hope it never happens to me, but this is why we train and carry.
    CaveTroll likes this.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    The bad guy pointed his gun at the good guy. At that instant, he threw his own life away. I'm happy the right guy is dead. It could just as easily been the other way around. And who knows how many more the thugs would have killed before they were finished? I hope it never happens to me, but this is why we train and carry.
    Well said.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands. " Col. Jeff Cooper

Proud member NRA, VCDL, USPSA, IDPA & DADD ( if you have daughters, you understand )

Florida

If this has occurred in Florida, Mr. Williams would have been shot dead immediately, and his sidekick probably would have been also.

Florida's Stand Your Ground rules are the following:
    • If you are in a place where you have a right to be
    • and have not initiated the confrontation (or have attempted to break it off)
    • you can meet force with equal (in this case deadly) force
    • you can stop an immediate forceable felony

You do not have to
    • retreat
    • be the immediately threatened - you pick who you want to defend
    • warn the attacker
    • try to make an arrest

Other key points are:
    • Your gun can not be taken, unless there is a clear criminal investigation
    • You are presumed to be acting legally, unless there is clear indication of a criminal act on your part - i.e. no arrest and bail
    • You can not be sued, unless/until you have been convicted of a criminal act arising out of the event
    • Any attempt to sue you - assuming that you have not been convicted - will force the plaintiff's attorney to pay the defendant's (your) legal costs

Last edited by GHFLRLTD; January 23rd, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
    George H. Foster
    Orlando, Florida

Quote Originally Posted by tomwalshco View Post
    G36. Accurate and reliable.

Unfortunately the dude's out $600 because he'll have to buy another - the cops will never give it back.........
    You know what man I heard that the other day, I was at the range and a guy said he carries a .44mag; his buddy said "I like that gun, but it's too nice to give away. You shoot someone with that thing and the cops will take it and never give it back".

Kinda crazy the way that works huh? Maybe i should start carrying a hi-point in my car just in case hahah!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoganLongfellow View Post
    ...... You shoot someone with that thing and the cops will take it and never give it back". Kinda crazy the way that works huh? .......
    Crazy is hardly the word ..... the scumbag's family will probably get a "slip and fall" attorney and pursue a civil ($$$$$$$$) lawsuit. Which means the Glock is now evidence until the thing is over. And he'll have to hire his own attorney to defend it. Could be out 100 times the cost of the gun.

Good reason that the losers of frivolous lawsuits are responsible for legal fees on both sides.

In my opinion, you can not put a price on saving your life or someone else's. Some handguns are cheap for a reason. Regardless, good shoot.

So shot in the head and chest, but the customer only fired one round? Either Chuck Norris was hungry for some waffles, or there was some friendly fire... or bad journalism. Either one.
    "Lord, help me to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Seems like a lot of bloodlust here. It is a tragedy on both sides.
    Yes, it is. The kid (armed robber) brought it on himself, but it was still a tragedy for all the parties to the event including the employees and other customers. None of them will be quite the same after that experience. Especially the shooter.

The CCW customer made me proud to be a concealed carry license holder. He did what he had to do, kept his cool in a very stressful life threatening situation, focused on what was imporant, did it competantly, didn't injure others in the process, and possibly most deserving of admiration, I'm pretty sure he did it knowing in advance he was going to feel really awful about having had to do it.

I hope young man who protected everybody convinces himself it wasn't his fault really soon. He didn't want to shoot that kid, but he really had no choice, he knew it, did what he had to do, and did it well (head and chest hits under combat stress is good shooting). Well done to him. I hope he recovers quickly.

Good on the Sheriff for being a solid supporter of individual responsibility and concealed carry.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Couldn't have said it better, Fitch!

From the article:

By Luke Connell
    luke.connell@shj.com
    Published: Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 6:02 a.m.
    Last Modified: Saturday, January 21, 2012 at 6:02 a.m.
    A Roebuck man - less than two hours into his 19th birthday - entered the Waffle House on Chesnee Highway with a gun and attempted to rob the restaurant before a customer fired his weapon, killing the teen, authorities said Saturday.

Spartanburg County sheriff's deputies responded to the Waffle House at 2230 Chesnee Highway just before 1:15 a.m. Saturday. Two masked men had entered the restaurant with the intention of robbing it, and at least one of them was armed, authorities said.

A customer, who is a concealed weapons permit holder, thwarted the robbery by pulling his gun and attempting to hold the men until deputies arrived. When one of the men pointed his gun at the customer, the patron fired, killing the teenager.

The teenager, later identified as Dante Lamont Williams, of 827 S. Edisto River Drive, Roebuck, was pronounced dead at the scene, according to a written statement from Coroner Rusty Clevenger. Williams had been shot in the head and chest.

Sheriff Chuck Wright said he does not plan to charge the customer, who he says is “very upset” about the shooting.

During a news conference Saturday night, Wright said even after the masked men entered the restaurant, the concealed weapons holder waited until the robbers began ordering customers to the floor and employees into the back - while waving a gun - to act. After pulling his .45-caliber Glock, the customer ordered the men to stay put until deputies arrived. Only after Williams pointed his Hi-Point 9mm at the man, did the customer fire, Wright said.

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is you point a gun at him,” the sheriff said.

I really like that sheriff!

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    This is a capture of one of his friends on facebook giving her opinion of those that have concealed carry permits, please hold your laughter till the end:

ScreenHunter_02 Jan. 23 14.35.jpg

Apparently we are all vigilantes lol.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Sorry, I burst out laughing after the first three sentences, or so. I'm amazed people are that out of touch with reality.
    Glock 22, Glock 23, S&W SW40VE, S&W SD9VE, Kahr CM9, Del Ton Echo 316 AR15.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links