Got made at work. - Page 2

Got made at work.

This is a discussion on Got made at work. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Dobbs Exactly. That's why said holsters not firearms. Have I missed something in your original thread and this reply? Did you or ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Got made at work.

  1. #16
    Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    charleston, SC
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    Exactly. That's why said holsters not firearms.
    Have I missed something in your original thread and this reply? Did you or did you not have firearms on you? Are they allowed on the property? If the answers are 1) I did and 2) not allowed, I would fire your yada yada. It is wrong--period/end of story.


  2. #17
    VIP Member Array 9MMare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside Seattle, WA
    Posts
    3,309
    Since it was very obvious you were made (guy knew he didnt mistake your carry), I would probably have been friendlier. Catch more flies with sugar and all that....

    May have created a negative relationship where a positive one could salvage the situation. Hope it works out ok.
    BkCo1 and MadMac like this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

    Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

    The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

  3. #18
    Senior Member Array Mattmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ar
    Posts
    1,028
    You shall receive 10 lashes with the rod!!! How dare you show a "dangerous" holster by accident!

  4. #19
    Member Array markush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    So this morning at work while changing back into my street clothes it happened. My shirt rode up while sitting on a bench to tie my boots. A coworker said " dude you carry 2 guns " ? I replied " I don't know what your talking about "as I pulled my shirt down. He then said " I know what a holster is and you have 2 of them ". I carry a IWB and a SOB. I replied " I still don't know what your talking about " and left for home. No firearms just holsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanr4 View Post
    I started buying shirts that are a size larger than normal for concealment. still have the same problem when bending over shirt rides and gets caught on the grip... still figuring it out.
    Men's Longtail T-Shirts, Longtail Shirts - Duluth Trading Company

    They're a Wisconsin business also. To some a home sate business is a good thing...to me it just means I have to pay shipping charges AND sales tax!

  5. #20
    Member Array mook012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North & East - ask NSA
    Posts
    283
    If it was me - I would go buy a pda / smart phone holster and start carrying that at work and leave all weapons related equipment locked in the glove box. Leave your shirt out as before and if questioned pull the PDA or smart phone holster out.
    ccman likes this.
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,346
    I work for an employer that covers many states. They have a no weapons policy and had claimed they would enforce it regardless of Wisconsin law.
    I sent a copy of the law to the company, then in front of 20 other employees I informed the company police and a Senior manager.
    " My hangun is secured in a locked vault in my car. It is in the lot just down from the front door. Wisconsin law allows it and I fully intend to keep it there.
    Your argument that the law does not apply to you is flawed." It has been a couple weeks now I had full expected them to search my car and make a case. So far nothing except thank yous from others that would never take a stand.
    TN_Mike and ccman like this.

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I work for an employer that covers many states. They have a no weapons policy and had claimed they would enforce it regardless of Wisconsin law.
    I sent a copy of the law to the company, then in front of 20 other employees I informed the company police and a Senior manager.
    " My hangun is secured in a locked vault in my car. It is in the lot just down from the front door. Wisconsin law allows it and I fully intend to keep it there.
    Your argument that the law does not apply to you is flawed." It has been a couple weeks now I had full expected them to search my car and make a case. So far nothing except thank yous from others that would never take a stand.
    Well done Smitty. The world needs more guys like you to stand up.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  8. #23
    VIP Member
    Array ccman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    2,038
    Dobbs, good luck. Let us know how it works out.

  9. #24
    Member Array jlately's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    La
    Posts
    60
    You might want to look into Duluth Long Tail Tees.

  10. #25
    VIP Member Array mlr1m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    okla
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I work for an employer that covers many states. They have a no weapons policy and had claimed they would enforce it regardless of Wisconsin law.
    I sent a copy of the law to the company, then in front of 20 other employees I informed the company police and a Senior manager.
    " My hangun is secured in a locked vault in my car. It is in the lot just down from the front door. Wisconsin law allows it and I fully intend to keep it there.
    Your argument that the law does not apply to you is flawed." It has been a couple weeks now I had full expected them to search my car and make a case. So far nothing except thank yous from others that would never take a stand.
    While I admire your willingness to make a stand what makes you think that the Company will choose to use the gun issue as the one to make their case on? That they haven't put out the word to find something to fire you for? I have heard the "find something we can fire him for" order more than once in my working life. People get fired everyday for things other than the real reason the companies want them fired.

    Michael

  11. #26
    VIP Member Array Smitty901's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    While I admire your willingness to make a stand what makes you think that the Company will choose to use the gun issue as the one to make their case on? That they haven't put out the word to find something to fire you for? I have heard the "find something we can fire him for" order more than once in my working life. People get fired everyday for things other than the real reason the companies want them fired.

    Michael
    One I am very good at what I do. Two I am not the type to be messed with. Three they know that.
    Someone must stand up that applies to all kinds of issues. I am in a position that if they had made a move I could deal with it. My life would not change.
    There are others that could never take the chance even if they knew they would win in the end. I did not get where I am by sitting in the back or taking the softer easier path.
    Not saying I am any better than anyone else. It is just the way I am. You do not know how many times in my life I had wished I could sit this one out and let someone else take the lead. Just not something I am able to do.
    We are at a turning point in this country if we do not stand up now we may wake up to a country we do not like. And it will be to late.
    Ramjet, SGT and OperatorJ like this.

  12. #27
    Member Array ponchsox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    472
    Guns aside, if you are worth a darn, a company will keep you unless you violate a zero-tolerance policy. If you aren't performing, that's a different story.
    ccman likes this.

  13. #28
    Senior Member Array Ramjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NE Wisconsin
    Posts
    605
    My company owned by an ILL. Company posted signs. I remove my handgun put it in the lock box. Do my business and when I leave the building and are in the parking lot I retrieve my gun reholster and go on and about my business. The car I use for business is mine I take no automobile compensation and I pay my own insurance. I will also say I used to go into the office 4-6 times per month now maybe once per month and if I can avoid that I will. I make about 2.6 million per year in profit for this company. If they want to tr y and fire me tough crap. I will be remployed within hours. Or maybe I will just sit back and take it easy. But they will have to make new policy to have good reason I follow the rules. I do leave my holster on I wear a vest so they will never know I have a holster on. Concealed means concealed.

  14. #29
    SGT
    SGT is offline
    Member Array SGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    One I am very good at what I do. Two I am not the type to be messed with. Three they know that.
    Someone must stand up that applies to all kinds of issues. I am in a position that if they had made a move I could deal with it. My life would not change.
    There are others that could never take the chance even if they knew they would win in the end. I did not get where I am by sitting in the back or taking the softer easier path.
    Not saying I am any better than anyone else. It is just the way I am. You do not know how many times in my life I had wished I could sit this one out and let someone else take the lead. Just not something I am able to do.
    We are at a turning point in this country if we do not stand up now we may wake up to a country we do not like. And it will be to late.
    Kudos to you! I couldnt' agree more that we are at a turning point in our country. If we don't stand up now, it will indeed be too late! "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke) I've always thought that this is a quote that pertained not only to evil in front of us, but the evil that can quickly and quietly creep up while all the people cheer it on as something feigning itself as good!

    ~SGT

  15. #30
    Guest Array Guest1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    home-astan(FINALLY)
    Posts
    1,125

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

2012 ohio ccw in the workplace parkinglot
,
cc no guns at work forum
,
conceal carry getting made
,

concealed cardy got made

,
concealed carry getting made
,
concealed carry i got made
,

getting made ccw

,
getting made concealed carry
,
got made carry
,
no guns at work
Click on a term to search for related topics.