Defensive Carry banner

Got made at work.

4K views 30 replies 27 participants last post by  MadMac 
#1 ·
So this morning at work while changing back into my street clothes it happened. My shirt rode up while sitting on a bench to tie my boots. A coworker said " dude you carry 2 guns " ? I replied " I don't know what your talking about "as I pulled my shirt down. He then said " I know what a holster is and you have 2 of them ". I carry a IWB and a SOB. I replied " I still don't know what your talking about " and left for home. No firearms just holsters.

#2 ·
Busted.

#3 ·
It happens, and you really cant do anything about it, if you just had holsters and work had a no gun policy well then u are good. Otherwise chalk it up as a learning lesson.

Reactions: TN_Mike
#6 ·
Those are for a cell phone and a PDA.

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Is carrying allowed where you work, if so, it's no big deal, so someone now knows you carry 2 guns. If carrying is not allowed, by company policy, then you need to take steps to insure your better concealed. If it is not allowed by law, then you need to ditch the guns when at work.

#8 ·
One person in Wisconsin to another. You know full well if you get caught with it anywhere but locked in your car on company property you will be looking for a new job and in court.
We worked hard to get right to keep your fire arm in you car in company parking lot. That was a long fight. Even now there are employers trying to change that part of the law .
Be careful how far you push it. This is Wisconsin.

#15 ·
At the very least I'd bet he has told others in the work place about it. The conclusion of many will be that you carry a weapon while working. Afterall why else would you be wearing a holster? Thats just how the human mind works.
Treat your holster like it has a weapon in it at all times. This is one rumor that could end up getting you fired. While you may not be fired for actually carrying a weapon. The rumors might give them cause to look for other reasons to get rid of you.

Michael

#17 ·
Since it was very obvious you were made (guy knew he didnt mistake your carry), I would probably have been friendlier. Catch more flies with sugar and all that....

May have created a negative relationship where a positive one could salvage the situation. Hope it works out ok.

Reactions: MadMac and BkCo1
#19 ·
So this morning at work while changing back into my street clothes it happened. My shirt rode up while sitting on a bench to tie my boots. A coworker said " dude you carry 2 guns " ? I replied " I don't know what your talking about "as I pulled my shirt down. He then said " I know what a holster is and you have 2 of them ". I carry a IWB and a SOB. I replied " I still don't know what your talking about " and left for home. No firearms just holsters.
I started buying shirts that are a size larger than normal for concealment. still have the same problem when bending over shirt rides and gets caught on the grip... still figuring it out.
Men's Longtail T-Shirts, Longtail Shirts - Duluth Trading Company

They're a Wisconsin business also. To some a home sate business is a good thing...to me it just means I have to pay shipping charges AND sales tax!

#20 ·
If it was me - I would go buy a pda / smart phone holster and start carrying that at work and leave all weapons related equipment locked in the glove box. Leave your shirt out as before and if questioned pull the PDA or smart phone holster out.

#21 ·
I work for an employer that covers many states. They have a no weapons policy and had claimed they would enforce it regardless of Wisconsin law.
I sent a copy of the law to the company, then in front of 20 other employees I informed the company police and a Senior manager.
" My hangun is secured in a locked vault in my car. It is in the lot just down from the front door. Wisconsin law allows it and I fully intend to keep it there.
Your argument that the law does not apply to you is flawed." It has been a couple weeks now I had full expected them to search my car and make a case. So far nothing except thank yous from others that would never take a stand.

#28 ·
My company owned by an ILL. Company posted signs. I remove my handgun put it in the lock box. Do my business and when I leave the building and are in the parking lot I retrieve my gun reholster and go on and about my business. The car I use for business is mine I take no automobile compensation and I pay my own insurance. I will also say I used to go into the office 4-6 times per month now maybe once per month and if I can avoid that I will. I make about 2.6 million per year in profit for this company. If they want to tr y and fire me tough crap. I will be remployed within hours. Or maybe I will just sit back and take it easy. But they will have to make new policy to have good reason I follow the rules. I do leave my holster on I wear a vest so they will never know I have a holster on. Concealed means concealed.

#31 ·
I vote we make this a sticky, and use it as an object lesson for all those who are considering violating company policies about no weapons.

I realize these were holsters only, but it just goes to show.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.