Got made at work.

This is a discussion on Got made at work. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this morning at work while changing back into my street clothes it happened. My shirt rode up while sitting on a bench to tie ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Got made at work.

Got made at work.

So this morning at work while changing back into my street clothes it happened. My shirt rode up while sitting on a bench to tie my boots. A coworker said " dude you carry 2 guns " ? I replied " I don't know what your talking about "as I pulled my shirt down. He then said " I know what a holster is and you have 2 of them ". I carry a IWB and a SOB. I replied " I still don't know what your talking about " and left for home. No firearms just holsters.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Busted.

It happens, and you really cant do anything about it, if you just had holsters and work had a no gun policy well then u are good. Otherwise chalk it up as a learning lesson.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Could always be breaking in a new holster....

Is a firearm required for your job?

Those are for a cell phone and a PDA.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum.

Is carrying allowed where you work, if so, it's no big deal, so someone now knows you carry 2 guns. If carrying is not allowed, by company policy, then you need to take steps to insure your better concealed. If it is not allowed by law, then you need to ditch the guns when at work.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

One person in Wisconsin to another. You know full well if you get caught with it anywhere but locked in your car on company property you will be looking for a new job and in court.
    We worked hard to get right to keep your fire arm in you car in company parking lot. That was a long fight. Even now there are employers trying to change that part of the law .
    Be careful how far you push it. This is Wisconsin.

VIP Member
    If you are having troubles concealing empty holsters, you must find keeping the guns hidden even more difficult. Longer shirts?
    NIS350ZTT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    One person in Wisconsin to another. You know full well if you get caught with it anywhere but locked in your car on company property you will be looking for a new job and in court.
    We worked hard to get right to keep your fire arm in you car in company parking lot. That was a long fight. Even now there are employers trying to change that part of the law .
    Be careful how far you push it. This is Wisconsin.

Exactly. That's why said holsters not firearms.

Thats why i pocket carry,never been made yet in 20+ years.I don't talk about guns at work,as far as they know,i don't like guns.
    Member NRA
    Served in U.S.A.F.(jet engine mechanic)
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Don't Leave Home Without It!

I started buying shirts that are a size larger than normal for concealment. still have the same problem when bending over shirt rides and gets caught on the grip... still figuring it out.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

VIP Member
    See, every time you bend over, something bad happens.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
    So this morning at work while changing back into my street clothes it happened. My shirt rode up while sitting on a bench to tie my boots. A coworker said " dude you carry 2 guns " ? I replied " I don't know what your talking about "as I pulled my shirt down. He then said " I know what a holster is and you have 2 of them ". I carry a IWB and a SOB. I replied " I still don't know what your talking about " and left for home. No firearms just holsters.
    I will bet that as you made your way home, he made his way to your supervisor to voice his concern.
    good luck with this one

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth View Post
    I will bet that as you made your way home, he made his way to your supervisor to voice his concern.
    good luck with this one
    At the very least I'd bet he has told others in the work place about it. The conclusion of many will be that you carry a weapon while working. Afterall why else would you be wearing a holster? Thats just how the human mind works.
    Treat your holster like it has a weapon in it at all times. This is one rumor that could end up getting you fired. While you may not be fired for actually carrying a weapon. The rumors might give them cause to look for other reasons to get rid of you.

Michael
    rgbiker likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links