State by State

This is a discussion on State by State within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One big problem with any discussion on CC is State law. Every State has their own laws covering the issue. It might not be a ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SIGguy229
  • 1 Post By Smitty901

Thread: State by State

State by State

One big problem with any discussion on CC is State law. Every State has their own laws covering the issue. It might not be a big deal if it were like traffic laws .
    But CC laws are as different as night and day and break one of those rules you could be in jail awhile.
    I am sure from time to time the idea of a cross state line law will come up but betting I would never live to see it. If it did happen I wonder if we would want it.
    For such a law to get passed it would have to be so watered down and restrictive it would almost out law CC.
    I try to make sure when making a statement about what you can and can not do I mention WISCONSIN I would hate for someone in another state to get arrested because for what I said.
    We could all hope someday the Court would rule that it is a right and put an end to all of this ,but that aint happening either. 20 years in the fight for CC in Wisconsin, I had almost excepted we would never see it. So there is hope even if it does not last we can still try.
    So until it gets worked out make sure you know the law in the state your dealing with. A lot of people that had no intention of breaking the law are getting locked up.
    Protect your rights you can lose them so fast.

2. Remove Ads

Ain't it the truth!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Nam
    Amen to that

And that is why sites like Handgunlaw.us exist....
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

That's the truth Smitty. Maybe someday the 2nd Amendment will be the law of the land. In every state. No permission slips, no ifs ands or buts. I know, I'm dreaming.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    That's the truth Smitty. Maybe someday the 2nd Amendment will be the law of the land. In every state. No permission slips, no ifs ands or buts. I know, I'm dreaming.
    jrclen have you seen the sign Mills Fleet farm has up in Wisconsin

"Fire arms brought in for service must be opened and checked at the customer service desk.
    THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO CONCEAL CARRY PERMIT HOLDERS. MILLS FLEET FARM WELCOMES ALL CONCEAL CARRY PERMIT "HOLDERS.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    And that is why sites like Handgunlaw.us exist....
    Wow thats awesome. Thank you very much.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    jrclen have you seen the sign Mills Fleet farm has up in Wisconsin

"Fire arms brought in for service must be opened and checked at the customer service desk.
    THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO CONCEAL CARRY PERMIT HOLDERS. MILLS FLEET FARM WELCOMES ALL CONCEAL CARRY PERMIT "HOLDERS.
    Such signs are common in Ohio firearms venues, except gunshows.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I could see the national reciprocity passing only if Obummer is given a pink slip in November and Republicans take back control of the Senate. This would only allow you to carry in another state. As OP said though, each state still has their own gun laws and specifically some cities on top of that. You will still have to know what the gun laws of states are especially states like CA, NY and NJ. Even with national reciprocity, the lefty anti-gunners will be looking for a reason to have your sidearm taken away and put you in jail.

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    Would that be the Chicago, New York City version or the version seen in the less populated States? The ones with the fewer votes?

Michael

Links