Someone stole my magazine!

This is a discussion on Someone stole my magazine! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Promag backup for the wife's p238; tried to use it and realized it was defective. After calling promag it turns out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Someone stole my magazine!

Someone stole my magazine!

I picked up a Promag backup for the wife's p238; tried to use it and realized it was defective. After calling promag it turns out the mag was recalled b/c of a change Sig made to the pistol. They offered to swap it out for a new one.

I dropped the mag in the mail to them, and I just got my package back from the post office with their "apology" for the "damage" to my piece of mail. It is very obvious that someone ripped open the package and took the mag. I'm guessing they knew Promag Industries and they fig'd they had a quick score.

I contacted Promag, I'm curious to see what they do. I told them I don't expect them to fix the Post Office's error, and in reality I don't; but IMO since the product was being recalled it was just going to be discarded anyway (that's what they put in the email when they sent me the RA#). I'm hoping they offer to make it right, we'll see what happens!!

Bottom line: be careful when you mail stuff. I shoud have written "PRODUCT RECALL" or "BROKEN PRODUCT" on the package to deter theft. Oh well....live and learn.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    You should file a claim with the Post office. Even if they don't find the mag (which is very likely), it will put them on notice that something disappered. Maybe it will eventually help them weed out the bad egg.

Administrator
    A rational person would have figured out it was defective product anyway... why else would somebody mail a mag back to Promag?
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    You should file a claim with the Post office. Even if they don't find the mag (which is very likely), it will put them on notice that something disappered. Maybe it will eventually help them weed out the bad egg.
    I have nothing good to say about the USPS. Our local office takes incompetency to levels I've never seen before. I suspect our local postal workers for many of the missing packages that our community experiences.

Aren't promag mags disposable anyway?

I have some and if they start to fail they will probably go into the trash since they were bought for range use only and only for "fun" guns.

Hope the new mag you get works like it is supposed to.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    A rational person would have figured out it was defective product anyway... why else would somebody mail a mag back to Promag?
    A rational person doesn't steal from an organization that has it's own law enforcement agency....
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    A rational person doesn't steal from an organization that has it's own law enforcement agency....
    True...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    A rational person wouldn't risk a cushiey decent paying job for a $20 mag.

A rational person shouldnt be stealing...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

The Postal Service uses machines that sometimes destroy letters and packages. If an employee stole your mag, they would have disposed of the wrappings. You would not have seen the "damaged" package. Valentines day coming up reminds me of seeing letters containing small candy hearts go through the sorting machines. The machine will destroy not only that envelope, but also the next 10 or 20 behind it. If either address is still legible, the mail piece is placed in a plastic bag with an apology and sent on it's way. Out of billions of mail pieces, the destroy rate is very small. But it does happen.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I have nothing good to say about the USPS. Our local office takes incompetency to levels I've never seen before. I suspect our local postal workers for many of the missing packages that our community experiences.
    The only organization I know of that increases prices to buy more "This Line Closed" signs.
    Harryball, jrclen and ktulu92fs like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Somebody did you a favor...

Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Somebody did you a favor...

lolol no doubt dude.....best response!!

hahahha

And of course as of yesterday, postage is now $.45
    So you get bad service for more postage cost
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by HoganLongfellow View Post
    I picked up a Promag backup for the wife's p238; tried to use it and realized it was defective. After calling promag it turns out the mag was recalled b/c of a change Sig made to the pistol. They offered to swap it out for a new one.

I dropped the mag in the mail to them, and I just got my package back from the post office with their "apology" for the "damage" to my piece of mail. It is very obvious that someone ripped open the package and took the mag. I'm guessing they knew Promag Industries and they fig'd they had a quick score.

I contacted Promag, I'm curious to see what they do. I told them I don't expect them to fix the Post Office's error, and in reality I don't; but IMO since the product was being recalled it was just going to be discarded anyway (that's what they put in the email when they sent me the RA#). I'm hoping they offer to make it right, we'll see what happens!!

Bottom line: be careful when you mail stuff. I shoud have written "PRODUCT RECALL" or "BROKEN PRODUCT" on the package to deter theft. Oh well....live and learn.
    I emailed Promag and let them know the situation....they sent me a spare mag for nothin......can't beat that. Seem like good folks to me....I can say I'll buy more for my other pistols....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links