Possibly visiting Arizona and Nevada in a few months CCW options?

This is a discussion on Possibly visiting Arizona and Nevada in a few months CCW options? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'll likely be visiting Arizona and Nevada in a few months and will likely need to get another permit that is recognized in Nevada. I ...

Thread: Possibly visiting Arizona and Nevada in a few months CCW options?

Possibly visiting Arizona and Nevada in a few months CCW options?

I'll likely be visiting Arizona and Nevada in a few months and will likely need to get another permit that is recognized in Nevada. I currently have a Wisconsin license. I'm leaning towards an Arizona permit; does anyone have any recommendations? According to Arizona's website I need to "Contact the Concealed Weapons Permit Unit to request an application packet", can I do this online or do I have to call?

Thanks for the help.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

2. Remove Ads

Contact Arizona Department of Public Safety by phone, that seems to expedite the application actually getting to you in the mail. Emails seem to get lost in the shuffle. They are extremely overloaded with apps since Nevada was added. Running about 8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerAdam View Post
    Contact Arizona Department of Public Safety by phone, that seems to expedite the application actually getting to you in the mail. Emails seem to get lost in the shuffle. They are extremely overloaded with apps since Nevada was added. Running about 8 weeks.
    When did this happen?
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    When did this happen?
    July 1, 2011 and I think he meant since NV added AZ as AZ recognizes all states permits and is also a Con. Carry state now

Nevada Department of Public Safety

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    July 1, 2011 and I think he meant since NV added AZ as AZ recognizes all states permits and is also a Con Carry state now

Nevada Department of Public Safety
    Interesting... now it seems like a bit of a waste of fuel and time to have gone to Reno to get my NV permit... though I suppose it still makes sense since I'm more likely to go to NV than AZ, and having a local permit is probably less hassle than a recognized one...

Ironically, it was my Nevada training documents that I used as proof to get my AZ permit.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Links