Try and not be too obvious would ya?

This is a discussion on Try and not be too obvious would ya? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 97% of the people in this world aren't paying attention to what they are doing let alone what someone else is doing, so I wouldn't ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Try and not be too obvious would ya?

97% of the people in this world aren't paying attention to what they are doing let alone what someone else is doing, so I wouldn't be too concerned with the fellow.

Is it a good practice to do what this guy is doing, no not really, but he might have been a very new carrier and we all remember when we were brand new to daily carry don't we?

I have to adjust my gun during the day, however after years of carrying it seems no different to ordinary folks than me simply pulling up my pants by my belt. I say give the fellow a break and let him learn on his own so he gets comfortable with his decision to carry. It soon will be second nature to him like it is to those of us who have been carrying for a long time and then you probably won't notice him when he comes into the building.

Besides, why weren't you working with your eyes fixed on your desk. You owe the company some extra time from all your people watching.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    if the guy ever took a class, avoiding 'tells' should have been covered.

it is not so much that other carriers will notice--so will the BG's and so will the police.

either one of which can cause you varying degrees of trouble.
    after all, you have told the BG what you have and where it is. so he waits 15 minutes for you to go inside and get
    comfortable and than he raps your car to set of its alarm. you head out to investigate thinking, I'm armed and have the upper hand but--
    as they know, their setting you up allows for that.
    bye bye gun....bye bye car

get a better fitting holster/gun combination and keep you hands away...
    properly fitted, short of falling down the stairs one should not have to 'check-up on it.

if an adjustment is needed during the day; with discretion is how you go about it.

and if he is new at carring, now is the time to get it right...not later when it is harder to brake bad habits.

along the lines with the press-check...
    if you loaded the gun when you put it on and have not touched it since...
    what do you ecpect to see if you ease the slide...an onion??
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Quote Originally Posted by jerp View Post
    If you are being serious, that is ridiculous. Thats roughly 9lbs heavier than my AR-15. Please tell me you are joking?
    he's joking

Quote Originally Posted by TCT View Post
    newer 5 series BMW, I instantly notice the don't tread on me sticker, various other firearm stickers, and NRA sticker on his back window.
    Guy should be tasered for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    he's joking
    I knew it was heavy but i was gonna say HOLYPOOP
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

GIVE THE GUY A BREAK! At least he left his CC Badge and Vest at home!
    gunthorp and bigdog44 like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I'd cut the guy some slack. He's probably new to carrying, and I'm certain most of us were pretty much like him the first few times we carried. Being "subtle" about checking your clothing and pulling up your pants after getting out of a car comes with experience and practice. And 99.9% of the sheep out there wouldn't have a clue as to what he was doing anyway! However, he should be flogged for putting stickers on a Beemer! That is just so wrong!
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

33 years as a LEO and about 75% of that was carrying a semi-auto got me into the habit of checking to make sure the magazine is still locked in or not completely missing whenever I exited my patrol car. I've been retired for almost 4yrs now and I still check, hard habit to break, I wonder how many people have seen me do it.

It's the engraved concrete grips that add the extra weight.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Well.. I must admit that I often adjust things when getting out of my car too. But you know what I've noticed? Almost nobody notices and even fewer care. Of course, I don't have any stickers on my car. And I always check my surroundings for threats before getting out of my car anyway. Not only that.. but have you ever noticed, a lot of people adjust their clothing when they get out of cars whether they are packing or not.
    tcox4freedom, RMS and NIS350ZTT like this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

So what? Open carry is legal in Ohio, it's his choice to be obvious. Smart? Perhaps not.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

There is a difference between adjusting your piece & ADJUSTING-YOUR-PIECE...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I should have clarified, I use depleted uranium rounds. I read somewhere that penetration is important.

I actually do carry the 92 in the winter. Its size makes it easier to use when wearing gloves. An IWB with 5.11 pants and a stout belt makes it rather comfortable although I am much more aware of it than my J-frame
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

I usually need to make an adjustment or two after getting out of my truck. It is rather easy to use the door as a shield to make sure the mag is secure and everything is where it should be without peeking.

A car window, being lower, may not allow that as an option.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

When I get out of my vehicle I may need to pull yp the pants a little and pull my shirt down to make sure it hasn't rode up and may be hung up on my gun grip,It's done pretty covert and I don't pat my gun'I know where it's at.In fact most people that know I carry said that they have a hard time telling if I have it on me.I carry a Combat Commander xse and a double mag pouch
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links