Try and not be too obvious would ya?

This is a discussion on Try and not be too obvious would ya? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Chief1297 Work must be slow.... Hey TCT: I was preempted by Chief with his brief reply, as shown above. My first thought ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Try and not be too obvious would ya?

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Work must be slow....
    Hey TCT: I was preempted by Chief with his brief reply, as shown above. My first thought was what do you do for a living and is this your business, which you sort of imply. If not I would suggest you get back to work and not worry about other people and their CC problems. Also found it interesting that you somehow feel the BMW is important---makes me wonder a bit about why this whole thread has been initiated.
    NIS350ZTT likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Never liked bumper stickers myself. Always considered them tacky. Pretty much feel the same way about anything printed on a shirt. Ball cap logos not an issue for me for some strange reason. However some folks like to advertise every trip they have ever made to a National Park, convention or rally. Others choose to lets everyone know what bourbon they drink, what guns they prefer and what their political views are.
    Power to them I say. It doesn't hurt me.

I have more problems with the recent phenomenon over the last generation of the desire to criticize those who like to do these things.

Michael
    gunthorp likes this.

What is wrong with Don't Tread and NRA bumper stickers on cars?
    What would you have done if he handed you his coat?

I would only be concerned if he was dressed in gang colors or looked like he could not afford to be driving a series 5 BMW.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Quote Originally Posted by true grit View Post
    What is wrong with Don't Tread and NRA bumper stickers on cars?
    What would you have done if he handed you his coat?

I would only be concerned if he was dressed in gang colors or looked like he could not afford to be driving a series 5 BMW.
    Nothing wrong with bumper stickers on cars, but a BMW is far more than a mere "car".
    RMS likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I always liked the guys that tug their shirts down every couple seconds. Non stop.

I think I shocked the gun store clerk when I asked to see an assortment of 9mm that were heaviest. I came out the new owner of a Walther P99 AS which when fully loaded weighs an even 2 pounds. Back in the day, I used to carry a Colt Trooper .357 wheel gun in a duty holster and it also weighed in about 2 pounds. I found my accuracy was best with this weight.

Of course I carry in a Tucker gun leather holster and with a Beltman extra stiff gun belt.

And yes, when I was new to carrying I fussed with looking good before exiting my vehicle.

Just an old codgers POV
    Walther P99 AS full size 9mm
    Kahr P9 compact 9mm

NRA
    Michigan Sheriff's Association
    “The key is to hit them hard, hit them fast, and hit them repeatedly. The one shot stop is a unit of measurement not a tactical philosophy.” Evan Marshall

He should consider wearing heavy duty suspenders. Perry suspenders that attach to the belt might help.

The first time I carried concealed I went to Walmart. I got out of the truck, checked my gun, checked my jacket, looked to see if everything looked normal. Then went inside. About every 20 steps I was feeling the gun, pulling down my jacket, and wondering if it would fall out on the floor or someone would see it. Pull down the jacket again. I've learned to calm down since then. But I must have looked pretty funny to any LEO or experienced carrier at the time. I've been shooting all my life, but carrying concealed is a new skill to learn for me.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

jrclen - Nice Ultra, dude.
    jrclen likes this.

OP - The guy you saw is probably on this very forum telling everyone how he has never been made, despite carrying a SAW on his hip.

The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    He should consider wearing heavy duty suspenders. Perry suspenders that attach to the belt might help.
    You drive a 5-series BMW and work in a professional environment. Yup - Perry suspenders are the answer. Sheesh.

That would make James Bond look like Larry the Cable Guy.
    jrclen and RMS like this.

i almost always adjust my pants and shirt when i exit my, albeit little and low, car, and i have yet to carry

Quote Originally Posted by NCW Ray View Post
    33 years as a LEO and about 75% of that was carrying a semi-auto got me into the habit of checking to make sure the magazine is still locked in or not completely missing whenever I exited my patrol car. I've been retired for almost 4yrs now and I still check, hard habit to break, I wonder how many people have seen me do it.
    Exactly. I always check to make sure the mag is seated on a regular basis, the shirt is covering it...old habits. 25 years as a LEO...I can care less who knows I am carrying or not!

If it was socially acceptable I'd wear a yellow velvet sign saying I've got a gun leave me the f*** alone...o.k. just joking.
    NCW Ray and DaveH like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMac View Post
    You drive a 5-series BMW and work in a professional environment. Yup - Perry suspenders are the answer. Sheesh.

That would make James Bond look like Larry the Cable Guy.
    As James exited the BMW at the Hôtel de Paris, he gave the Perry suspenders a tug to make sure that the Walther was secure. Satisfied that it was, he walked across the street to 16 rue de la Platière and went inside.

Yeah, it could happen.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    I always liked the guys that tug their shirts down every couple seconds. Non stop.
    Like Jean-Luc-Picard?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links