Try and not be too obvious would ya?

This is a discussion on Try and not be too obvious would ya? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My office has a full view of the parking lot (amazing view I know) and often I watch people come into our building. Usually I ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Try and not be too obvious would ya?

Try and not be too obvious would ya?

My office has a full view of the parking lot (amazing view I know) and often I watch people come into our building.

Usually I can glance at someone and not think anything of it. Not today.

First off, we / I allow conceal carry on our property. What I don't care for is folks who make it so easy for others to know they are packin by not thinking a little bit deeper in regard to what they are doing.

OK, here is the story....just now a guy pulls up in his newer 5 series BMW, I instantly notice the don't tread on me sticker, various other firearm stickers, and NRA sticker on his back window.

He gets out of his car with his hand on his right hip, looks around, pulls up one side of his pants (his sidearm most likely pulled them down), he then adjusts his coat while he look at his side. Then to confirm my theory, he places his hand on the side of his coat , pats it a few times while he looks down to make sure is trusty sidearm is not sticking out.

After shaking my head a little, reminding myself not to act that way myself, and just for fun; I went into our waiting room, said hello, and offered to take his coat since I claimed someone turned up the heat and he must be hot. He said he was fine. Haha

Maybe I am just being overly sensitive? I dont think so. I think I am just being aware.

So, I guess, without trying to be preachy, be careful out there and think before you do something. You have no idea who may be looking.

2. Remove Ads

Peice Petting-not cool!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    Peice Petting-not cool!
    Never heard it called that before.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Really not a big deal for me.......but sometimes you just have to adjust your rig, especially bending down alot or getting out of an auto.....sometimes it shifts a little......wouldn't be that critical......also, you have too much time on your hands....get back to work.
    suntzu, Tzadik, afojc and 10 others like this.

VIP Member
    When I get out of my vehicle I will almost always adjust my clothing a little. You are watching from a knowledgeable stand point. Most people would simply see a man adjusting his clothes before a meeting.

If you make your movements casual it looks routine. Nothing to see here, move along.

But, this guy sounds like someone new to carry and was a little less than comfortable with his rig.

Good for you on being so observant, though.
    hogdaddy, BritishAgent and joker1 like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Good post, OP.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

You would be suprised how many people I see in a day hanging on to their peice,like they think it's gonna jump out and run away.
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    Never heard it called that before.

Putting a bunch of stickers on a 5 series BMW should have been enough to get him arrested...
    Yetiman, JDE101, 9MMare and 12 others like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Maybe he was carrying a 92fs...those things are like 17lbs...unloaded!
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

VIP Member
    Lighten up Francis!! Sometimes you have to adjust your rig and typically that time is when you are getting out of your vehicle. I don't think he was expecting that someone may be spying on me from an office up above. 99.9999999999 of all sheep would not know what that means anyway. Heck I would rather have someone check their rig before entering my building and dropping it on the floor.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Work must be slow....
    NIS350ZTT likes this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

I'll be a sour puss on this. It sounds like you did not know this gentleman. Ya think going up to him for "fun" is a bright idea if you think he has a gun? I don't know where you work but if a guy came up to me in the waiting room and out of the blue
    and offered to take his coat since I claimed someone turned up the heat and he must be hot.
    I would think you are strange or hitting on me. When I go to the store with my wife I get bored and try to spot people but I don't go try to have fun with a stranger. If not a stranger I would politley tell them as I would want somebody to tell me.
    mel5051 and NIS350ZTT like this.

I agree with suntzu, however you could have sent a message as well, "why did he do that? Maybe he saw me at my car? Maybe i was printing?".
    But the message could have been sent as " Excuse me sir, I am (insert name). I am the owner/manager, could i speak to you for one quivk second? (Step away from the desk, somewhere semi private, but still in view of others) state that you are a Pro2A supporter yourself (notice i did not say a CCPH) and noticed what he did outside his car and that it was a give away." So that way he knows why you came up to him, and isnt left paranoid with maybes. Just my $.02.

I adjust everytime i get outta my truck, my M&P sits at 5oclock in a IWB crossbread type. My shirt and such ride up alot so when i get out, with my back facing the inside of the truck, i pull the shirt down and make adjust ments as regular. All the while i look around for my SA purposes.
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

:b
    Quote Originally Posted by All_Business View Post
    Maybe he was carrying a 92fs...those things are like 17lbs...unloaded!
    I am carrying my 92fs today and I just checked. It tops out at 16.8 lbs. fully loaded, the spare mag only adds another 1.2.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisataka View Post
    :b

I am carrying my 92fs today and I just checked. It tops out at 16.8 lbs. fully loaded, the spare mag only adds another 1.2.
    If you are being serious, that is ridiculous. Thats roughly 9lbs heavier than my AR-15. Please tell me you are joking?
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links