CCP in California (Need Advice)

This is a discussion on CCP in California (Need Advice) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Fellow DC brothers and sisters, I have a family member who lives in CA and would like to get a permit. Does anyone have any ...

Thread: CCP in California (Need Advice)

VIP Member

Fellow DC brothers and sisters,

I have a family member who lives in CA and would like to get a permit. Does anyone have any experience in doing this that could offer some good friendly advice. He lives in Kern County if that helps. I live in WA (A Free State) and I feel helpless with getting him through the process in the best manner. I know it can be tricky down there and figured someone on DC has to know the in's and out's.

Thank you in advance.....
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

He picked a good count - Kern is on where one is more likely to get a permit issued.

County Map for California CCW Issuance - CalCCW

Beyond that, I can't offer any more assistance. Look to Calguns.net for some assistance.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Pretty simple, take the course and apply to the county Sheriff. As I had a few youthful indiscretions, I got a copy of my DOJ report before filling out the application and doing the live-scan, as one mistakenly omitted incident stops the process. I was approved.

My In-laws live in Kern and we visit regularly. The former Kern County Sheriff Sparks was quoted on the front page on the USA Today, after his deputies rescued two kidnapped girls by killing the man, "Now we don't have to rehabilitate the son of a *****!"
    The current Sheriff Youngblood is not near as gun friendly and is more stingy with permits. But, your kin is more likely to receive the permit in Kern than almost any other county in Kookyfornia.

Have him look up team billy jack. Very helpful online site.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

move!
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrizzleP95 View Post
    move!
    As much as I agree with you, there are jobs, good paying jobs in Kern county right now. Also, the housing prices are back to 1999 levels and some of the school districts are fairly good. A good portion of the citizenry are descendents of Okies and make for a nice Midwestern feel in the middle of a strange state.

Check out calccw.com for some helpfull info. And, as others have said, Kern county is one of the best places for ccw (that's what they call them here) permits.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
    As much as I agree with you, there are jobs, good paying jobs in Kern county right now. Also, the housing prices are back to 1999 levels and some of the school districts are fairly good. A good portion of the citizenry are descendents of Okies and make for a nice Midwestern feel in the middle of a strange state.
    You have a pretty good assessment of the area, my brother lives up on the mountains and honestly it's a different world then other parts of CA. A friend of his is a LEO and knows Youngblood so I hope that helps him going forward. I will keep you guys posted to see how this goes. It sure makes me love WA laws! It's easy for good law abiding citizens to get a permit.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

have him go to calguns and register..... many good people there can steer him right

Sponsored Links