GA Honoring IA/WI – KS & Iowa Updates

This is a discussion on GA Honoring IA/WI – KS & Iowa Updates within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Georgia has made it official. They have added Iowa, North Dakota and Wisconsin to the list of states they will honor. It only took them ...

Thread: GA Honoring IA/WI – KS & Iowa Updates

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar

GA Honoring IA/WI – KS & Iowa Updates

Georgia has made it official. They have added Iowa, North Dakota and Wisconsin to the list of states they will honor. It only took them 2 years to add ND, one year to add Iowa and 3 months to add Wisconsin. As of last Friday they were still telling people they would not honor WI and IA. I do believe the Emails, Letters and FAX you sent made the difference. Thank you. Handgunlaw.us has been updated to show this change in who Georgia honors. GA DPS Site: Georgia Department of Public Safety - Georgia's Firearm Permit Reciprocity

I made an addition on the KS page on “Restaurant Carry.” KS has very specific posting requirements. Carry in places that serve alcohol is not allowed but it must be posted by law. If it is not posted then you can carry there. I added “If Not Posted” to that listing. Again KS has very specific posting laws. If it is posted you can’t carry there. If you are planning on traveling to KS you need to read their laws closely. Some properties have to be posted while others are exempt from the posting requirements.

On the Iowa page I added a link to a letter sent to the state of WV by Iowa seeking info on WV honoring their Permit/License to Carry. WV will NOT HONOR an Iowa permit/license but in the letter the DOJ states that Universities are off limits. They listed the Admin Rules on that restriction. I added the link to those University Admin Rules and a note stating I would not carry on Iowa’s three Universities until further information becomes available. I would not want to be the test case.

On a side note I want to thank those who email me pointing out Grammar and spelling errors on the site. They may seem small to you but I want the site to be the best it can be. The latest grammar error pointed out was I had “ask” when it should have been “asked” and left out a “. Thank you for pointing that out. Handgunlaw.us is what it is today because of people giving me a heads up on changes in state laws and pointing out my short comings in the English language. I couldn’t do this without your assistance.
    Last edited by Gary Slider; January 27th, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the update. I recently avoided Georgia since I wasn't allowed to carry there!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    On a side note I want to thank those who email me pointing out Grammar and spelling errors on the site. They may seem small to you but I want the site to be the best it can be. The latest grammar error pointed out was I had “ask” when it should have been “asked” and left out a “. Thank you for pointing that out. Handgunlaw.us is what it is today because of people giving me a heads up on changes in state laws and pointing out my shot comings in the English language. I couldn’t do this without your assistance.
    Shouldn't that be "short"??

Sorry Gary, couldn't resist.

Thanks for the great job you do with the site. I know your site has helped me in my travels many times. Anytime I talk with gun owners I recommend your site for information on carrying, not only when traveling, but on their own state as well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

HA HA HA. My Spell Check wouldn't catch that. Like a good liberal I will blame anything and everything but myself. Darn Spell Check!!!!!!
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

I fixed that error. Thank goodness for editing.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Thank you for the update Gary. And for the great job you do.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

Thanks for the update and the work you do keeping things up to date.

Kurt

Thanks for the update Gary. I printed out the WI map on the 26th and it's out of date already!

Handgunlaw.us is a great resource.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Thanks, Gary. You are a great asset to our community.

Links