S.C. CWP Instructor arrested for perjury

This is a discussion on S.C. CWP Instructor arrested for perjury within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; here's the link...... Weapons permit instructor arrested for perjury in SC | SCNOW Interesting..... I know the training I received, how about you other SC ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: S.C. CWP Instructor arrested for perjury

here's the link......

Weapons permit instructor arrested for perjury in SC | SCNOW

Interesting.....

I know the training I received, how about you other SC Residents ? did you receive 8 hrs?

Not good.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

What an idiot.

Got my CWP about 2 years ago. We have several current and ex LEO instructors in the local area but I took my course at a local firing range/gun shop because they hold classes nearly every Saturday. Instructor was very thorough, covered all required information with particular emphasis on firearm handling and safety. The class actually went a little longer than 8 hours with the written testing and range time. I can't imagine that this guy's students didn't know the class was not legal. Not only did they get cheated on their training but they broke the law.

Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law and hope he gets the maximum sentence.
    nightsonge likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Just plain stupid. I'm also amazed that the students put up with that sort of training after laying their money down...

We had a blast in our training class. We didn't want the day to end.

VIP Member
    In addition to Wykel's criminal charges, all of his students that previously applied for and received Concealed Weapons Permits, and have not completed an eight-hour training class are subject to perjury charges under Sec. 16-9-10 for the falsification of the application proces.
    Interesting they will charge his students with perjury also. On the South Carolina permit application do you have to sign a sworn statement saying you received the required training? If not I do not see how they can be charged with perjury.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

On the Wisconsin application you have to sign and check a box stating that the training you received met the requirements as required by the WI state law, it sounds like SC has the same type of application. This idiot is taking a bunch down with him (of course the trainees have fault here too).
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolph Hitler, German Chancellor 1933

VIP Member
    With friends like these...
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

GM
    He asked for it. And now there are a lot of other people in trouble too. Not so good
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

DC
    Those students that signed the app had to have known what the rules were. I'll bet some people complained, maybe that's why he was investigated. The people that went along with it knowing the rules only cheated themselves.

That guy got greedy and now he pays.

My instructor was great and I got the full 8 hours, live fire test and he stuck around to let us fire some more if we wanted.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Got the full 8 hours here and the range time. Had a very good instructor that took the time to answer any and all questions.
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

Wow what an idiot. I'm glad they weeded him out.
    phreddy likes this.
    Shall not be infringed means - shall not be infringed.
    Member - NRA
    John

I'm pretty sure that this has happened in Texas more than once, though I am not familiar with any specific cases. In Texas, a case against the students would exist, but would be weak. However, it is almost certain that they would get their CHLs revoked, at a minimum. TXDPS talks to instructor candidates about this, at some length and with dire gravity, in every instructor class, and usually in renewals, as well. One can argue that the requirement of any class at all is silly, but if we're gonna play by the rules, this is one that sure is easy not to break. Not an intelligent choice by the instructor. I no longer do, but I taught Texas CHL classes for 15 years, and my classes always lasted the full 10 or more hours. I was really tired by the end of the day, but felt good knowing that I'd followed the rules and didn't have to worry if one of my students was an undercover DPS investigator.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links