A small victory...

This is a discussion on A small victory... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's nice to hear about things like this. This is a great example of why I feel we should address businesses directly when we come ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: A small victory...

It's nice to hear about things like this. This is a great example of why I feel we should address businesses directly when we come across such situations, rather than just ignoring the sign. If a business owner hears from enough people, they may be persuaded to change their position. Well done!

2. Remove Ads

Well done! It is no small victory. Money talks and thank you from another carrying supporter of the 2nd amendment for using (or withholding) your hard earned $. Glad it was a positive and rewarding experience!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Well done! I like the way you ask "do any of your other establishments allow carry"? That takes the "all or nothing" out of the equation and places the burden of keeping your business back on them.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Congrats on your efforts.:hand:
    When mentioning 'on-line' communities, you might mention the 50K+ members of this one.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member

Many struggles are won by an accumulation of victories -- small and large.

Keep up the good work. We'll get there some day. In the meantime those small victories feel good don't they?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Congrats...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Very good letter, and I'd be willing to be they got several, if not perhaps a hundred letters stating they would not patronize their establishment because of the inability to carry there.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Every little victory counts! Well done!

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Yes!!!,Very WELL Done!!!. KUDO`S!.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I don't see this as a victory. I see this as a corporate "We don't care that some of our establishments ban guns." The correct attitude is "We do not let individual stores set corporate policy." They can be all inclusive, or they will not get my $.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Great effort and keep up the good work. We have had a good response from a few HD dealers that posted at first and changed their mind.

That's what it takes. I was talking to the owner of one place I love to go to, and know him well, and he told me when the law first came out here that he had put up a sign...... someone had a similar conversation with him and he took it down. I told him, you know I wouldn't eat here all of the time if you had it up there. He said, " I know" .

He has been talking to me about guns and getting his CC license now.

ALL STEPS count.... and are important. GREAT JOB ! ! ! !
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Very well played, sir. Very well indeed

Great to see all of the replies. Hopefully everyone is doing their part. I feel like I'm alone in Madison, but I'll keep sending these emails to business owners.

We have to be vocal in order for companies to respect that we're not just a few people here and there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links