Many relying less on police, more on personal protection from concealed weapons - Page 2

Many relying less on police, more on personal protection from concealed weapons

This is a discussion on Many relying less on police, more on personal protection from concealed weapons within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And the need will increase in the future, we've only seen the top of the iceberg. Just wait until the money runs out for many ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Many relying less on police, more on personal protection from concealed weapons

And the need will increase in the future, we've only seen the top of the iceberg. Just wait until the money runs out for many of the government entities, then you will really see the prisons opend up, the police cut to the rediculous level, etc. Then you will be for real, on your own!
    MisterFleas and Bark'n like this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I think the world or our sheriff, and police department, and this is not a detremental statement, but to me, out where i live, they would only show up in time to do the paperwork..... if it was time to call 911 , someone is gonna b in trouble...
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

I have the utmost respect for our Law Enforcement Officers but being a realist, I know they can't follow me around all day in the case I might run into a situation that may require their actions. I don't carry a sidearm because I'm "scared." I simply believe in being prepared.
    mjb65 likes this.

I understand the issues that the LE community has to deal with. In my interview for my CCW the Sheriff told me that he didnt know "how I could do it" as a high school teacher. I responded that I felt the same way about his job. As a public employee we are both being stripped of our needs due to irrational spending of money that isnt really there in the first place. The mutual respect that was established there endowed me with even more respect than I previously had for my LE community. I understand their desires to serve and protect are limited by the constraints placed on them by politicians who generally know nothing of the actual nitty gritty. I expect my LE community to do their job and am blessed with one that is amazing. That means, to me, that I can do my part by not relying on them to protect me without me protecting myself (and my family).
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

The police officers in our county, and the state police we have here that I have met are really good people. And I believe they do thier best to do thier jobs. But the night the drug idiot tried to break into my house, and I had my wife call 911 it took over ten minutes for them to get here. And as I was having a stand off with the jerk, the dispatcher kept telling my wife to tell me to put the gun away. I told her to hang up on her she was doing us no good. Anyway five police cruisers county and state came and arrest the guy. And when I told them what the operator said about putting the gun away, they all asked why would you do that. I told them I didn't.

Cops where great. Dispatcher needs a new job.
    ep1953 and mjb65 like this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    We don't have Police (Peace) Officers anymore. They've been replaced with Law Enforcement Officers. In either case it was never either's place to protect the individual.
    Well said sgb. PS: And the point of this thread is?

Distinguished Member Array CDW4ME's Avatar
    If someone attacks me in my home or a parking lot, my survival will be determined way before the police show up.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    I hope they didn't spend a lot of money to come to that conclusion!
    I hope it was a group of dirtbags who DID the study.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lordofwyr................is 100% right on the money......IMO.

Couldn't have said it better although I live in one of those F'd Up States.....NJ......and can't leave yet as my wife won't move away from her elderly parents.....understandably.
    But rest assured........at home......we are secure......on the streets is another matter here. I walk our GS alot and always take my OC spray everywhere I go.
    I see NJ as a haven for criminals............most everyone here is disarmed and the laws are written to prevent one from protecting themselves and their families....it's just that simple.
    Richard58 likes this.

Keep defending our rights to keep and bear arms...
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Well said sgb. PS: And the point of this thread is?
    That should be obvious even to you.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I remember as a young child the sheriff stopped by our house way out here in the country saying there had been a triple murder a few miles down the then dirt road that went by our house...he told us to be careful & take care of our selves...he went off to try & find the perps...i remember being concerned but not afraid because my dad had the means to protect us...also we had a mean biting dog...being able to protect yourself...not depending on others is a freeing experience...

I like how they attribute "being scared" or hearing bumps in the night to mostly responsible people buying guns & getting their carry permit.

I shoot with the police chief of our town. Very pro carry guy. Our kind of guy. County sheriff does OK as well. Cops will do an excellent job of sorting out a crime, figuring who to hunt for, catching the guy, and hauling them in. But if you were the victim, what do you care? You're dead. Being dead would suck. I trust our cops, would count several as friends. But they and I know that if the wheels come off and they were there before anybody got hurt, it would be sheer luck.

Makes simple sense. These days, with budget cuts and less funds available, the police departments have turned form being an active force into a reactionary force. This has happened locally over the past ten years in my area. Nice transition. Simply put.....you cannot depend on local, regional, or state law enforcement any more. Likewise...many law enforcement agencies are outright telling you that you need to be more independent even if you don't read the newspapers or are not aware.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links