Many relying less on police, more on personal protection from concealed weapons - Page 3

Many relying less on police, more on personal protection from concealed weapons

This is a discussion on Many relying less on police, more on personal protection from concealed weapons within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a gun because I deal with a sophisticated stalker .... the local cops are useless. My Credit Cards were hacked 4 times within ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Many relying less on police, more on personal protection from concealed weapons

I carry a gun because I deal with a sophisticated stalker .... the local cops are useless. My Credit Cards were hacked 4 times within a month ,,,, I don't even bother calling the cops anymore. Unless it's a black and white crime, they just get angry.

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    I carry a gun because I deal with a sophisticated stalker .... the local cops are useless. My Credit Cards were hacked 4 times within a month ,,,, I don't even bother calling the cops anymore. Unless it's a black and white crime, they just get angry.
    Law enforcement doing less and less in certain circumstances. Indeed......"law enforcement" has become increasingly selective. We do need to rely less on it than ever before. I frequently get "angry" results when consulting my local PD about illegal activities in my community.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    Remember that our Supreme Court of the US has ruled that the police have no duty to protect you as an individual. Their job is to "protect society" in general. Your own personal protection is left to you.

That is all well and good, if you are in a state that allows you to carry the wherewithal to do that.

If you live in a State or City that forbids ownership or carrying of firearms for self defense, or in many cases requires you to be a good victim and run out of your house or jump out of your car and run if they come barging in, well, first, I blame you for still living there, and second, I hope you believe in guardian angels, because when the bad guy(s) come for you or yours, your bare fists become insignificant really fast when confronted by many attackers, or just one with a weapon.

I have learned over the years that I do not trust my government leaders or even the local police/sheriff's departments to protect me or mine, even though I am a cop, or maybe because of that - anyone remember the Katrina disarmings of honest citizens by the police at the command of their leaders? Believe me, there were plenty of Texas Peace Officers throwing objects at their TV Screens when word of that particular piece of fecal matter came across the airwaves, and those words directed at the local authorities and Police Commanders were NOT nice.

And I really do not trust politicians in Washington who surround themselves with armed security while wanting to deny me the right to arm myself for self and family protection.
    Well said. Bravo!!!
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

Remember folks most of the time we are left to ourselves. But find a way to practice control. Because when we have to take action, we also must answer for those actions. When the guy tried to get into my house that night I just kept in my mind if he stays outside he lives but once in the door I absolutely would shoot. And still struggled to stay calm, but managed. Thankfully all went well.

As a side note don't have worry about the jerk. A couple of months after that happened he over dosed and died.

As said before. When seconds count the police are still minutes away or longer in some instances. You are responsible for your own saftey. Im at this time rethinking my carry and home defence issues to better protect me and my family. Stay safe.

Not every case goes like this but in Milwaukee WI.
    Up to two days to respond to a home invasion. Unless the news media is there and there is a body on the ground they will avoid even taking a police report any more in many parts of the city.
    This does not directly fall on the LEO officers it is the politics of the city and the police Union. I have often wonder when the rank and file Office will stand up a scream enough.
    Comment was made Friday when an 18 year old shot a 16,17 and18 year old This is why we must repeal this crazy CC law. It did not madder that this was a gang related crime.
    It was the fault of CC putting more gun on the street.

Read think , if someone had been armed som much for 911 nuff said
    Officers Responding To Robbery Call Find 5 Dead In Alabama Home | Fox News

mixed and confused by your statements...... the lack of Police support verses CC. Those punks would of acquired weapons whether legal or not. Denial of my ability to protect myself by these punks is another matter.

The punks in question are doing all of us a service by thinning out their kind.......

Quote Originally Posted by Armey View Post
    mixed and confused by your statements...... the lack of Police support verses CC. Those punks would of acquired weapons whether legal or not. Denial of my ability to protect myself by these punks is another matter.

The punks in question are doing all of us a service by thinning out their kind.......
    There is no way they could legally have a hand gun. If some one had they may have had a chance to stop it.
    The sad part is this shooting is being used as an argument against legal CC.
    It is the see what guns on the street cause crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    And the need will increase in the future, we've only seen the top of the iceberg. Just wait until the money runs out for many of the government entities, then you will really see the prisons opend up, the police cut to the rediculous level, etc. Then you will be for real, on your own!
    I am not very optimistic that things will be getting better before they get worse. I think society has a ways to go before it does improve and I for one am not going to be caught without adequate means to defend my family or myself.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I really do not believe the problem is that people are more afraid, I believe they are more aware because of the amount of crime stories in the media. It is because the criminals are becoming much bolder in their approach to crime. The attitude of the criminal element seems to be changing in the worst way.

The bad people do not respect laws and are really not even intimidated by a police presence. Their attitude is one of complete disdain for anything law abiding or respectful of human life. The only value they place on something is themselves and will do whatever they wish to feed their habits.

As good as the police are, they cannot always be there when needed, the criminals have found ways to ply the trade and be gone long before any law enforcement can respond. They too are only human and have limitations. For this very reason, the idea of self defense becomes even more important.

I think the article is in some way meant to make fun of people who are afraid and now want to "pack heat." Even though it is a mild attempt, the problem is still there. The anti firearm folks have not come out with a solution to violent crime except for the out right ban of guns, and we all know how well that has worked.

There needs to be a more well written article that lacks the general funmaking of those who take defense seriously.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I'm relying on the police as much as I ever did. I'm more than happy to have them take out the trash, provided they're on the scene when needed. Otherwise, I'll just do what it takes to defend me and mine and be thankful I have the means to do so.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (19202006)

All the stuff we (on DC) already know; LEO is only minutes away, is not obligated to protect one, more people are becoming aware of crime...

But this was an interesting "closer:"

"Manufacturers have even fit their designs to match the trend: making guns that are small and stylish, promoting the notion that safety is now covered by caliber."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links