Boycott scheduled for Starbucks 2/14 ... by anti-gun... let's make it a BUYcott - Page 3

Boycott scheduled for Starbucks 2/14 ... by anti-gun... let's make it a BUYcott

This is a discussion on Boycott scheduled for Starbucks 2/14 ... by anti-gun... let's make it a BUYcott within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got around 15+ replies from my friends on facebook in the last 25 mins. And im sure they will keep coming in. Anyways we ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Boycott scheduled for Starbucks 2/14 ... by anti-gun... let's make it a BUYcott

I got around 15+ replies from my friends on facebook in the last 25 mins. And im sure they will keep coming in. Anyways we plan on hanging as a group at star bucks each getting 2+ cups on 2/14. Anybody in the west allis area, WI feel free to join us, private message for details!

Oh and i had an Anti (i know from past talks, and have known the guy for a while) post on my wall, and ask "why?"

This was my response:

" Because the retarded Anti's who don't understand that criminals kill people, and the law biding citizen who carries and stops deaths and robberies, are upset and "boycotting" starbucks. They think because a sign is posted saying "no guns", will keep the criminals from shooting the place up and robbing it, now that they know there is no one in there with a weapon. So they can wait for 7-15mins for police to show up after the criminals have robbed and killed, instead of a law biding person who could stop them before anything happens. So starbucks supporting those who exercise their 2nd amendment, should NOT have to pay for the ignorance and naiveness of those who think criminals will listen to a sign that says "no guns"."
    Last edited by jerp; January 29th, 2012 at 01:19 AM. Reason: additional info
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

VIP Member
    Starbucks run for me.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I'll do it! I cant afford to pay that for fancy lattes and such but when I go there I buy their drip coffee. Faster and cheaper and very good.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    I don't like coffee, or the Starbucks corp, but will come down off the mountain to buy something there then.
    So has anyone read the new open-carry rules in California? I will of course have a concealed .45 but wouldn't mind having an empty riot gun on a sling too.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    I will hit starbucks a couple of time on St. Valentines day! Thanks for the heads up!

Smile

Oh boy just what we need a bunch of gun toting people hopped up on caffeine. (sarcasim but the way.)
    4my sons and protek like this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Starbucks originally had all of their places "posted", but after pressure from 2A proponents and people like us, took the signs down and said they would follow the laws of the states they were in.

they didn't take "our" side, they decided the safe thing was to take "no-one's side" and just go by the laws of the state....
    Read what Eagle has said folks. Starbucks is not there to make you happy, happy gunwise. If anything they are Seattle progressive liberals who, for the sake of trips to the bank, will bend back and forth depending on what gets them the most money without a hassle. If you think your little buy-in at WI will make a difference, spend you hard earned money on overpriced coffee--could work and may not but worth a shot.
    Dadsnugun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    I don't like coffee, or the Starbucks corp, but will come down off the mountain to buy something there then.
    So has anyone read the new open-carry rules in California? I will of course have a concealed .45 but wouldn't mind having an empty riot gun on a sling too.
    I think perhaps a discrete, "I'm here today supporting your position on allowing firearms carry in your establishments where legal", to the manager may yield better results in the long run. YMMV
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    I think perhaps a discrete, "I'm here today supporting your position on allowing firearms carry in your establishments where legal", to the manager may yield better results in the long run. YMMV
    Totally agree. I'll be at one of the local Starbucks on Valentines Day, with my Kimber (concealed), and intend to tell them why. I'm going to the "independent" one that day--the one inside the mall and the one inside Barnes & Noble don't really "control" their areas--and are carry zones anyway.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Not really a Star bucks kind of person but I will seek one out and drop the better part of a 20 on them 2/14/2012 care to join me for coffee.
    I be the out of place guy in the Harley jacket carrying pull up a chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Not really a Star bucks kind of person but I will seek one out and drop the better part of a 20 on them 2/14/2012 care to join me for coffee.
    I be the out of place guy in the Harley jacket carrying pull up a chair.
    Not in northern NH you wouldn't be. Closest Star Bucks is in Conway and always packed with bikers

The Gainesville Oaks Mall is going to get purchase from me.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Read what Eagle has said folks. Starbucks is not there to make you happy, happy gunwise. If anything they are Seattle progressive liberals who, for the sake of trips to the bank, will bend back and forth depending on what gets them the most money without a hassle. If you think your little buy-in at WI will make a difference, spend you hard earned money on overpriced coffee--could work and may not but worth a shot.
    When carrying in Seattle community centers and parks was made illegal by the city, and before the state stepped in to say it was in conflict with our state constitution, Starbucks was in the media...when people were pressuring them to post their stores....publicly saying they wouldnt. They could have dodged, I'm sure.

I hope that they are able to stand up to pressure now, however even if they post the stores, the signs, again, dont carry the weight of the law. So it would only stop open carriers or cc'ers who chose to obey the signs.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

When Starbucks was under pressure to prohibit legal open carry and they didn't cave in, they got more respect from me. I'm in on 2/14.

Additional Incentive:

Fox News had a medical segment that discussed a study that said that people who consume 4 cups of coffee, or more per day, have a much lower likelihood of coming down with Type 2 Diabetes.

FYI: A venti coffee has 2 shots of espresso. So 2 vent coffees = 4 coffee drinks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links