am i wrong

This is a discussion on am i wrong within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by aboogie808 Being married for nine years, you have to pick and choose your battles. It is not worth your marriage. I too ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: am i wrong

Quote Originally Posted by aboogie808 View Post
    Being married for nine years, you have to pick and choose your battles. It is not worth your marriage. I too grew up in a bad area and my wife was the opposite. If you feel the area is not safe, than communicate it with her. If the area is not safe, you can always go to another location. Communication will go a long way, just be on the same page if possible. Good luck.
    Good advice.

2. Remove Ads

Tough one, not sure I would have exposed myself to this much advice.

When I was 18 I worked at a skating rink and I've been around a few to know they can be places where bad people hang out and trouble happens.

My wife really is not privy to whether I am carrying or not, but I think she assumes I carry all the time now. It (carrying) has never caused any problems and the fact there are a lot of kids should almost make it more important. If she flat out told you not to go that is one thing but if you decided to stay home because of the argument maybe the temporary separation was necessary (not because of gun).

I really think that not making a big scene and carrying anyway as long as it (carrying) would not cause any problems like accidentally exposing the gun.

I would want to go to the event and I would want to protect my family, I would not want to do as told by my wife (or anyone else) who apparently is anti-gun or not very knowledgeable. You could have offered for her to stay home, and I am sure she would have said "no way".

This assumes that you haven't had any accidents and have given her no reason not to trust you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    When I was 18 I worked at a skating rink and I've been around a few to know they can be places where bad people hang out and trouble happens.
    ^^This ^^

I grew up at the skating rink in my early teenage years and also working at two different rinks. I was on the rinks speed team and we traveled around the country competing in RSROA sanctioned events/meets. I know first hand how rough skating rinks can be, and now with the hip hop thug generation infiltrating the rinks today... it's more a violent place than when I grew up. This thread has covered pretty much how to explain to the wife just how dangerous these places can be.

My thoughts are on the mechanics of carrying and actually skating. Whether your a novice or champion on skates your going to fall, and at sometimes fall quick and hard. My first thought is retention. What if you go down and you and others see a pistol sliding across the skate floor! Can you get up and to it before any children get their hands on it? My second thought is actually falling on a hand gun. On skates you are four plus inches taller and as I said you fall hard. I'm telling ya when your hip or tailbone slams onto the floor with your carry weapon between you... It's gonna smart! And the last thought is a collision with a child, a facial laceration or maybe even some chipped or broken teeth. Skating is fast and things happen quick, I can see these "accidents" happening very easily.

Would I carry at a skating rink? Yes
    Would I skate while carrying? Depends
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links