Gangs tagging gun owners vehicles - Page 3

Gangs tagging gun owners vehicles

This is a discussion on Gangs tagging gun owners vehicles within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had someone follow me from the gun range once. I am sure of it, I made a sudden turn into a shopping center and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Gangs tagging gun owners vehicles

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I had someone follow me from the gun range once. I am sure of it, I made a sudden turn into a shopping center and he still followed me there. I went into a store and he waited outside for a while. I went outside and just stood there staring at him, and he just took off. I did not have my permit then.

I remember he was just hanging around the gun store looking behind the glass at people shooting, never look at displays or used the range. I believe he just follows people to wait for a chance to steal a gun from a car or your house later. I don't believe it had anything to do with gangs, just a thief. I grew up in an environment where I learned very early on to be aware of my surroundings. This kind of thing does happen.
    joker1 likes this.

Whenever I get something like this, the first thing I do is check Snopes but I also check a site called "Truth or Fiction" (TruthOrFiction.com-Is that forwarded email Truth or Fiction? Research into stories, scams, hoaxes, myths, and urban legends on the Internet). I guess both could be wrong but at least its a 2nd reference. As to advertizing, when I raced a motorcycle I carried it in a little 12' enclosed trailer. Most of the races were out of town over weekends which meant the trailer was unattended at night sometimes. Rather than plastering the outside of the trailer with sponsors' names and anything else that would indicate what was inside the trailer, I had a sign that said "Franks Septic Service". Never had an attempted theft. Go figure...
    msgt/ret and joker1 like this.
    Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else. - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Ecucmgt View Post
    Was your buddy by chance at Grand Southern Skeet Nationals in Dry Gluff TX.
    Was a skeet shoot mater of fact, which one, don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by greencobra View Post
    Was a skeet shoot mater of fact, which one, don't remember.
    Did he get his guns stolen too.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    You know, it's not really a bad idea. Is it criminal to tag someone's tires?
    My concern is that spreading such a rumor would then motivate an actual criminal to do something like this. I'm from Canada, and a remarkable number of our street guns are non-functional (and a decent fraction don't have bullets, to boot.), and so the street value of a working gun would be quite high.
    You have guns you KNOW don't work? What's that about?

Be careful about giving "snopes" a lot of credibility.

I saw they had an "incident" which I was present, and they said it never happened, and this & that were all false.

I contacted them, told them I was "there" , what occurred, and not only was the information correct, but there was a lot more too it. I also gave them several people and even a newspaper article they could verify it.

They responded telling me I was "wrong" ...... and to basically go to hell.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Attachment 56201Sorry bro; meter maids stop chalking tires a long time ago... but everyone has a fantasy of one kind or another
    Blatantly WRONG. Tuscaloosa, AL DOT chalks tires in time limit parking. Thanks for spreading misinformation.
    1 gun 1 reload 1 knife
    If 27 .40cal Hornady Critical Defense cant save me, only God can.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links