I stopped carrying at school/work, restaurants, why I think my NM CCW was waste of $

This is a discussion on I stopped carrying at school/work, restaurants, why I think my NM CCW was waste of $ within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Michaels The amendment passed July 2210. And you can carry everywhere in da fu-cha!...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I stopped carrying at school/work, restaurants, why I think my NM CCW was waste of $

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels View Post
    The amendment passed July 2210.
    And you can carry everywhere in da fu-cha!
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

2. Remove Ads

OK .... here's the amendment .

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF NEW MEXICO:
    9 Section 1. Section 30-7-3 NMSA 1978 (being Laws 1975,
    10 Chapter 149, Section 1, as amended) is amended to read:
    It's pretty long,so you'll have to look it up.

Question: I am licensed to carry a concealed handgun. As far as licensed liquor establishments are concerned, where can I legally carry my firearm?
    Answer: As of July 1, 2007, 30-7-3 NMSA 1978 allows a person licensed to carry a concealed handgun in New Mexico to legally carry into a licensed liquor establishment that DOES NOT sell alcohol for consumption on the premise. Please read and ensure that you thoroughly understand above-referenced statute. It can be accessed through the main concealed carry page.

Quote Originally Posted by xd9mmsc View Post
    Question: I am licensed to carry a concealed handgun. As far as licensed liquor establishments are concerned, where can I legally carry my firearm?
    Answer: As of July 1, 2007, 30-7-3 NMSA 1978 allows a person licensed to carry a concealed handgun in New Mexico to legally carry into a licensed liquor establishment that DOES NOT sell alcohol for consumption on the premise. Please read and ensure that you thoroughly understand above-referenced statute. It can be accessed through the main concealed carry page.
    Amended in 2010.....

Concealed Handguns in Certain Licensed Liquor Establishments

30-7-3 NMSA
    Amends 30-7-3 to allow persons to carry a concealed handgun in a restaurant licensed to sell only beer and wine that derives no less than 60% of its annual gross receipts from the sale of food for consumption on the premises, unless the restaurant has a sign posted prohibiting the carrying of firearms, or the person is verbally instructed by the owner or manager that the carrying of a firearm is not permitted in the restaurant.

Amended in 2010.....

Concealed Handguns in Certain Licensed Liquor Establishments

30-7-3 NMSA
    Amends 30-7-3 to allow persons to carry a concealed handgun in a restaurant licensed to sell only beer and wine that derives no less than 60% of its annual gross receipts from the sale of food for consumption on the premises, unless the restaurant has a sign posted prohibiting the carrying of firearms, or the person is verbally instructed by the owner or manager that the carrying of a firearm is not permitted in the restaurant.
    This still rules out most restaurants. Certainly, every mexican restaurant, Chili's, and other similar places are still off-limits.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links