Back issue with IWB carry

This is a discussion on Back issue with IWB carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a back issue and carry conceal. I am fused frount and back from t-10 through l-2. I broke t-11 and t-12 I use ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Back issue with IWB carry

Back issue with IWB carry

I have a back issue and carry conceal. I am fused frount and back from t-10 through l-2. I broke t-11 and t-12 I use a crossbreed SnapSlide for my springfeild 1911. I was woundering if any of you have back problems and have a problem carrying IWB. And what is the best for my condition. The crossbreed SnapSlide seems to work great for me.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Not cheap, but as someone else recently pointed out, (arguably) one of the best holsters out there.
    Def-Con holsters by Brommeland Gunleather
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Smartcarry, ankle carry, etc.

I too have back and hip problems with IWB so I went to an OWB beltslide holster of which there are many different and varied styles.
    It has nearly cured my back aches and soreness from the misaligned hip.

Is appendix IWB carry (AIWB) an option?

My back issues aren't significant compared to the OP's ( two bulging discs) and I abandoned IWB more for general comfort reasons. However, I do need to adjust my OWB carry location when I'm experiencing pain. Also, I occasionally need to pick a lighter gun.

I find locating the rig just before or after 3:00 to be the least aggravating and wIll go to appendix carry as a last resort. Any location past 4:00 will,create problems, for me, after a few weeks.

Hope the OP can figure out what will work.

C5A
    I have 3 ruptured discs and carry IWB at 4:00. After a full day my Glock 22 gets a little heavy but my Colt 38 Spl snub pretty well keeps me as pain free as without it.
    NRA
    Glock 22
    Colt Cobra 38 Spl

I hav a bulged disc at 4-5. A true gun belt and Perrys' suspenders work miracles for me.Welcome to the Perry Suspenders eStore

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Bulged L3,4 and S1 with L5 herniated. I have stopped carrying IWB completely and carry my LW Government Model in an OWB slide at 3 o'clock and I use Perry's suspenders. Some bad days the 1911 is replaced with a Colt Agent revolver in my right front pocket.

I have some minor back issues compared to those in this thread, but I have found great relief from "balancing" out my gun with two loaded mags on the other side. Not sure if the OP has given this a try, but it might be worth a shot.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by bdcheung View Post
    Is appendix IWB carry (AIWB) an option?
    I know a few people who's back problems eased by carrying AIWB instead of the 4:00 area.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerMike View Post
    I have some minor back issues compared to those in this thread, but I have found great relief from "balancing" out my gun with two loaded mags on the other side. Not sure if the OP has given this a try, but it might be worth a shot.
    I would agree with that, I've lately been having a fair share of back problems, really need to go in and get it checked. Either way I've always been a fan of offsetting the weight of the gun with mags, even before I started having the issues I've been having lately it helped allot with comfort over the years. I've found carrying just the gun tends to give me pain by the end of the day where with mags it's allot less of an issue.

Take care!

Luke
    Katana likes this.
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Thank you all very much for all the help I thought i was the only one with this problem. I have been dealing with this for 5 years now I am 45 Retired US Army Vet It is not easy to admitt that i am getting older and things like this bother me again Thank you all

I have back issues too....old basketball injury....normally i carry IWB...Smart Carry or what i would suggest up in Kansas is to go to Tractor Supply & get a Walls Ranch Wear Cowboy Vest... I REALLY enjoy carrying this way...when the weather is coolish i carry this way...us folks in the country wear them everyday...it is normal to wear a vest so nobody will know... & you can carry a small or fairly large firearm inside the left vest pocket...or if you want to carry a larger firearm you can carry in the side pockets...

In fact....i carried tonight at Wednesday Night Bible study as i led the group...nobody knew I was carrying cause several other folks had vests on too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links