Did I commit a crime this morning? (WI)

This is a discussion on Did I commit a crime this morning? (WI) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIGguy229 Nope. Read the OP...nothing was said about a post office Hey, my post is handily included quoted inside your own. I ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Did I commit a crime this morning? (WI)

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Nope. Read the OP...nothing was said about a post office
    Hey, my post is handily included quoted inside your own. I said that we made an assumption based on context, not that he stated it outright.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I don't know about that... Are you saying the police have to disarm to inside the post office when responding to a shooting?

Even if not responding to a shooting... Maybe they are responding to a medical call or a fender bender in the parking lot... I don't believe LEO's have to disarm when on duty responding to an official call for service.
    I do know for a fact wife was a postmaster it is the same on any Military base NO LEO can carry or have a fire arm without the consent of the post commander. Know of a few that got in to hot water over that one.
    You will find that they have had agreements in place for many years concerning LEO officers. Do not carry on US Postal property. Stay on public road drop it in mail box your fine.
    If post office is in a mall your fine in the lot if it is a building leased or owned by US Postal Service it is Federal property and you can not have any weapons.

I worked at a federal facility for a while and they actually allowed locking weapons "in the trunk" if you were going to go hunting or to the range straight after work. I don't know if a local police or sheriff will be looking for firearms violations on federal property??. Seems like years ago there was a long thread on USPS property and we got an answer from someone in the know...

I would not carry into the facility and I rarely get in the parking lot of the USPS facility but most PO's here are also parking lots for other businesses.
    The state laws and concealed carry statutes say nothing on it so it would require researching the federal codes I suppose.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links