Defensive Carry banner

Hidden in plain sight, the ultimate carjacker medicine.

6K views 46 replies 33 participants last post by  Brenden 
#1 ·
Sent to me by a friend of my that travels alot.
He calls it the "Carjacker Special". Its looks like it ought to be quick and handy.
It ought to work too.

What do y'all think about that?

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Well, I like the idea more after my pathetic ignorance has been healed - but I'm still terribly concerned that some local "Barney Fife" and "Judge Judy" in Bumpoke, Arkansas would have my backsides rotting in jail with a half-million bond amount if such was discovered in a pizza box during a vehicle search after I was clocked at 35.03mph in a 35mph zone by Barney's radar :frown:

#13 ·
I think it's a cool idea, but only if you are driving to a place where you are going to be taking it out of the car once you reach your destination.

Often times cars that are robbed by means other than "Smash and Grab" are ransacked in a somewhat meticulous manner and things get shifted around. I would think a meticulous thief might notice the weight and check it out. It may make you more of a target for a smash and grab if some degenerate hopped on drugs gets hungry. When I lived in Baltimore I heard news of smash and grabs where cheese burgers or other low cost items were taken.

I usually just resort to stashing my glock inside of the seat where it can not be seen. It most likely wouldn't be found unless A.) The person stealing it knew me, or B.) It was a LEO doing a very thorough search ,which would never happen due to the fact I'd inform the LEO of the location of my piece.

#20 ·
I cannot imagine firing that sucker off. My brother has a pistol-grip shotgun. It is a 12 gauge. It hurts my hand, my arm, my ears, and just about every other part of my body.

I have to admit I've never understood why it is not legal to saw off a shotgun, yet it is legal to buy one of those handguns that are chambered for 410 shotgun shells.

#21 ·
I'm still terribly concerned that some local "Barney Fife" and "Judge Judy" in Bumpoke, Arkansas would have my backsides rotting in jail with a half-million bond amount if such was discovered in a pizza box during a vehicle search after I was clocked at 35.03mph in a 35mph zone by Barney's radar :frown:
Since it is a legal item, that would be false arrest.

Most of the LEO's that I know in the hills of Arkansas would want to know where you got it and who you got if from...so that they could buy one.

#28 ·
HG-- You are really a "box of knowledge" on such matters. How about finding some time to write up an FAQ on a range of things from silencers to short barrel, to FA; write up the how to legally get stuff and stay out of trouble at the same time.

Make a Blog or Web site; elaborate and write an e-book. Maybe you'll make a few bucks for your work. (I know it will be less than a penny an hour for all the trouble but a service to humanity.)

All that knowledge you've got about these matters should go to a good purpose.

#23 ·
I have to admit I've never understood why it is not legal to saw off a shotgun, yet it is legal to buy one of those handguns that are chambered for 410 shotgun shells.
It is legal if you pay the tax stamp. Its all about money. The Feds want you to pay for having fun.:frown:

I think that having a portion of the barrel(s) rifled (regardless how little) keeps the .45 Colt/.410ga pistols & derringers classed as handguns and not shotguns
Exactly right.

#24 ·
My only concern with this would be that the 870 is not drop safe. The safety blocks the trigger, but the hammer can still fall with a sharp enough blow.

Slam on brakes, pizza box hits floor, boom?

#30 ·
My uncle had a neat weapon for just this reason. At the time, concealed weapons were illegal in his state, including glove box carry. However, a flare gun is legal, so he carried a flare pistol. He had a machine shop make an insert for the barrel that would hold a 12 guage shotgun shell. He kept the shell in the insert and out of the pistol. All legal. When needed drop in insert with shell and Viola! Instant shotgun pistol.

#31 ·
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do in order to stay protected! May be a tad slow to get into action, but a 12 ga round to the face would sure ruin some thugs day!

That is a great looking set up HotGuns! Reminds me of something Rich Davis would have played around with back in his days as a Pizza Delivery guy before he created Second Chance body armor.

#32 ·
If it was a sawed off double barrel, would it still be an AOW eligable for a $5.00 tax stamp? It's cute in the car or truck, but I'd rather have it in the house for HD truth be told. The center console on my truck would hold a sawed off double. The old Mafia Lupra, or something like that.
Thats a good question and one that must be elaborated upon.

You can legally cut off your shotgun barrel( if legal to do so in your state),but because it had a stock on it, you would have to pay the 200 tax stamp. Any shotgun that was considered a shotgun when it was sold, meaning that it had a stock on it when you bought it, would have to be done with the 200 tax stamp.

There are a handful of makers, (Serbu and Safery Harbor come to mind) that use virgin receivers to build from the ground up. They buy these receivers from the manufacturers and the are built with various styles of pistol grips. As such, they qualify for the AOW tax stamp of 5 bucks.

If someone has an old shotgun that saw little use that they wanted to convert, they could submit what is known as a Form 1, get it approved by the ATF and upon reciept they could short barrel their shotgun. It would have to be engraved with their name and address.

It is legal to build one yourself as long as you comply with state and federal law. This particular area has always been the subject of some contentious debate among other forums, mostly by people that mistakenly think the process to be illegal.

Truth of the matter is, Uncle Sam could care less as long as he gets his tax on it first.

Many people upon seeing a short barrelled shotgun, silenced rifle or pistol, or even a fulll auto weapon all of a sudden get big eyes and say' Oh my GOD, that thing is illegal!

I like to watch their faces when I say " it's all good and legal" and then offer to let them play with my toys. I've actually sold a lot of stuff that way.:wink:

#33 ·
I'd prefer one of those holsters than hang under the steering wheel (the NRA store has one) for my handgun. More secure, and the draw is probably faster.

As I've said before, however, when it comes to vehicles and self defense - if you are in a vehicle and you...

see trouble coming and you can drive away, then drive away

see trouble coming, but you cannot drive away - then, GET OUT of the vehicle (which means your gun should be on your body, not in a pizza box)

didn't see trouble coming - well, then you need to get creative. You're not going to out-draw a gun at your window.

With my luck, the pizza-box shotgun would slide across the car out of reach... Interesting, but no thanks.

#34 ·
When in my truck I usually have a gun on my person and one in the open part of the center console beside the drink holders. I keep an old pair of leather work gloves tucked between the console and my seat to lay over it to keep it out of plain view. If I'm out of the truck, I just lock it in the mounted safe.

If I wanted to get creative, I could take one of my little boy's diapers, spray some brown paint around the edges and let it dry, then put a subcompact in it. I doubt if anyone would try to grab or even inspect a wadded up diaper that looks like it has a load leaking out of it.

#35 ·
But how did he get all the grease out from the Domino's pizza, that stuff is probably hell on a finish.

I like it. I think I want one. What is the capacity on one of those 2+1?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.